And in 1st place with a score of...

I agree. This is a great corps, that has the "chops" to do it, they only need a "Red" type show that makes that connection with the crowd and it will be like Crown is doing this year. I can see BAC in the top 5 if they can find a good design that connects.

Right on! That is one of my favorite shows of all time! I haven't seen them since early July so I'm so stoked to see them in Bloomington this week!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me start off by saying that I'm a huge fan of BAC. I love 'em! I saw them in Nashua and actually thought that had a shot at taking 5th place this year. But then in Lawrence I heard way too many individual horns. They've got a ton of heart and energy! But that sound has to be controlled. If you want to impress the judges in the box, you have to play as a group. A wise instructor (I won't mention his name because he gets a big head) repeatedly tells me that one of the hardest things in drum corps is for all the horns to sound like a single instrument.

well once the "usual suspects" fold, Boston might challenge for the top 3....but doubtful before

No fan profile no comment.

Honestly, I wouldn't even focus so much right now about what they're doing on the field. Look OFF the field to see how the corps is run, what their infrastructure is like, what kind of financial stability is in place or needs to be in place, what kinds of goals they have and what kinds of resources they have in place (or need to build) in order to achieve those goals.

People keep bringing up Crown, and that's fine. But the difference I see with them as opposed to what I saw six or seven years ago is how they have stabilized themselves as a corps OFF the field. It makes all that other on the field stuff happen a lot easier. It's a natural byproduct of having a very well run organization. If Boston has that kind of stability or can gain that kind of stability, then yeah, I think we can see them climb the ladder in the next five years or so and contend. If not, honestly, I don't see them getting much farther competitively than they are right now. At least not on a consistent basis.

No profile from this person should not comment.

Love the corps... I think the question of when can they challenge for top 3 or 1st is a question that could be posed for pretty much everyone from 5 or 6 down, no?

I think it's important for Boston to hold on to Jay Kennedy for as long as they can, and keep the other pieces of staff at the highest level available, especially with respect to bringing these younger members along both as musicians, and as members of a storied organization. It's a challenge when your corps is made of Giants.

Right on! That is one of my favorite shows of all time! I haven't seen them since early July so I'm so stoked to see them in Bloomington this week!

Share your thought after you see their performance.

Thanks.

Also,did you notice their strong score last night?

Boston was incredible last evening. Very, very much improved since I saw them in Orlando. From the audience's reaction in Massillon you could swear we were at show on the east coast!

Massillion has always been a great for venue for BAC. that was the show before finals for a couple of years when I marched and the combination of the Astroturf and the overhang always made for a real loud and exciting show.

I think the fact that Boston has consistently gone to that show every year while others havent has kinda made Boston a Hometown corps even though they are in Bluecoats country.

I competed against the Boston Crusaders before DCI. I have always loved BAC. One of the reasons is that they always seemed powerful and aggressive. After seeing Boston in Buffalo, they seemed to recreate that power and aggression. Love your show this year Boston and your corps is a “Marching Mutha!”

Good Luck in Indie! :worthy: