Temper Tantrum

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Combined total was in performance order, but if you look at individual captions over the course of the entire prelims, placement was all over the place, so I can't but into the implied "slotting" conspiracy of that statement. Looking over the recap I can for once say that I can see justifications in most of the numbers. In fact I might have had the spread between Troopers and Pacific Crest closer in visual ensemble, especially in the excellence subcaption, but with Troopers still up.

Also as a side note, anyone who is talking about sending a message to DCI (I would think something directed at John Philips rather than the DCI office would get better recognition if not any actual help) would also make sure they communicate directly with the caption heads at the Troopers and make sure that they too have taken the correct measures to flag potential judging inconsistencies.

I had an op to talk to some of them. They are; believe me.

I posted this on another thread:

OK I did some math.

Here is the average of scores so far under the current format:

Academy: 75.725 (San Antonio) + 77.0 (Atlanta) = 152.725 / 2 (number of regionals attended) = 76.363

Pacific Crest: 75.1 (Long Beach) + 75.15 (San Antonio) + 77.2 (Atlanta) = 227.45 / 3 (number of regionals attended) = 75.817

Troopers: 73.25 (Denver) + 76.425 (San Antonio) + 76.425 (Atlanta) = 226.1 / 3 (number of regionals attended) = 75.367

So the final raking under this system are as follows have Academy above PC and Troopers because they stayed at home. Never ind the fact that Academy has NEVER beaten PC all season long. Never mind the fact that Academy has lost to troopers 4 times this season and beaten them once. This is a perfect example of how some corps can be rewarded by staying at home and not touring. PC and Troopers would have to both beat Academy by around 3 points in order to go on after them at quarter under this seeding format.

Q-finals seeding should be an average of san antonio, atlanta, & allentown. End of story