Temper Tantrum

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..you got that 1 right....everyone should be beating Spirits guard and visual program..thank GOD they have a good drum line and Brass..........Although after viewing the re-caps seems like the visual judges threw them a bone HMMMMMMMMMMMM wonder why?

WOW....you will let up will you. Your comments are SO personal. Maybe the visual judges threw them a bone because they worked their butts off this past week and re-staged major portions of the show??

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Entertaining, recognizable, toe-tapping show??? Well there's their problem right there! Got to get themselves one or two of those creative genuis wannabes to give them a show concept understandable only to fellow creative genius wannabes or creative genuis wannabe bootlickers....

Nuh uh. Not happening. We don't need wannabe's. We got what we need right now, and they've got a plan. Ya'll just need to settle down. I know we want what we want RIGHT NOW, Troop fans, but trust me the results are going to be there where it really counts: future show design, retention of current talent, attraction of mature new talent, off season training, background management. The building blocks are there. Just breathe through these rough times and try to trust. I know it's hard, but it's what has to be done.

Edited by TerriTroop

Something I just noticed today (and maybe it's been mentioned already--I haven't made it all the way through this thread). For the bottom-tier group of corps (Pioneer, Mandarins, Troopers, Academy, PC), the judges overall went right in line with the order of performance. How much of that was legitimate, and how much was it just the judges not being sure how to distinguish the "lower" corps and just went in line out of laziness/fear/uncertainty?

Something I just noticed today (and maybe it's been mentioned already--I haven't made it all the way through this thread). For the bottom-tier group of corps (Pioneer, Mandarins, Troopers, Academy, PC), the judges overall went right in line with the order of performance. How much of that was legitimate, and how much was it just the judges not being sure how to distinguish the "lower" corps and just went in line out of laziness/fear/uncertainty?

That is usually what it is. Judges rarely change much from the performance order, especially from the "lower tier" corps. Judges are scared to "run out of room," so the stay conservative with the corps that perform earlier in order to leave room for the corps performing later. Most judges are so concerned about getting the top 2 or 3 corps right that they rarely even realize that being conservative might be screwing the corps that went on first.

It is extremely hard for corps to move up the ranks in DCI. Performance order is just one of the reasons why tat is the case.

I've mentioned it earlier, but in SA the Academy/PC/Troop group placed in performance order too.

I've launched a new thread with a call for help. Click here.

I love Troopers this year. I do think they are being hurt by the size of the color guard. I also think they may move ahead of a couple of corps in front of them by the end of the year.

It is so nice seeing them back out there.

One thing I would love to see is the color guard go back to their traditional uniforms.

For some reason Troopers guard in spandex doesn't work for me.

I've mentioned it earlier, but in SA the Academy/PC/Troop group placed in performance order too.

Combined total was in performance order, but if you look at individual captions over the course of the entire prelims, placement was all over the place, so I can't but into the implied "slotting" conspiracy of that statement. Looking over the recap I can for once say that I can see justifications in most of the numbers. In fact I might have had the spread between Troopers and Pacific Crest closer in visual ensemble, especially in the excellence subcaption, but with Troopers still up.

Also as a side note, anyone who is talking about sending a message to DCI (I would think something directed at John Philips rather than the DCI office would get better recognition if not any actual help) would also make sure they communicate directly with the caption heads at the Troopers and make sure that they too have taken the correct measures to flag potential judging inconsistencies.

Combined total was in performance order, but if you look at individual captions over the course of the entire prelims, placement was all over the place, so I can't but into the implied "slotting" conspiracy of that statement. Looking over the recap I can for once say that I can see justifications in most of the numbers. In fact I might have had the spread between Troopers and Pacific Crest closer in visual ensemble, especially in the excellence subcaption, but with Troopers still up.

Also as a side note, anyone who is talking about sending a message to DCI (I would think something directed at John Philips rather than the DCI office would get better recognition if not any actual help) would also make sure they communicate directly with the caption heads at the Troopers and make sure that they too have taken the correct measures to flag potential judging inconsistencies.

You are correct.

If you guys want john phillips e-mail address just pm me....