Live from the Kennedy Center...the CROSSMEN!

No - sorry - I didn't mean to mislead anyone. I was just saying that this feed is not as good as the live FN feeds.

Well dang it! Too bad because I can't get Real Player to download for some reason which means I can't watch the archives either. Oh well.

Edited by skajerk

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well dang it! Too bad because I can't get Real Player to download for some reason which means I can't watch the archives either. Oh well.

That's ok - you can watch the replay later at your convenience.

Edited by JustABandMom

That was awesome. I can't wait to see in them in Fauqier tomorrow night.

I agree - that was awesome.

Now, I have to ask - why can't they ask each corps to do this at one city all across the US during their travels - preferably before a show comes to that vicinity? Wouldn't you think this would be a great publicity builder and way to draw in some new fans? I think it's a fabulous introduction to the activity for people who have never heard of it. It would pique my interest and I would be sure to get tickets to the show. So many people have never heard of drum corps or, if they have, the shows themselves don't get enough publicity. Unless you follow the activity - the people in the area don't even know there is an event to attend.

I guess it's probably expensive for the corps to do so, in terms of cost and time, but as an activity builder, maybe those costs would be recouped eventually in additional sales. And also, considering the venue - all those arts patrons are potential donors. How can one resist all those fresh young faces?

I wonder whose idea this was - it was a great one!

That's ok - you can watch the replay later at your convenience.

No. For some reason I can't download Real Player and you need it to watch the archive footage.

I wonder whose idea this was - it was a great one!

Mark Chambers said that Jarrett Lipmam (former DM and current Assistant Director) was integral in putting this together.

If you look at some of the other offerings of the Millenium Stage, and the fact that they put on a live show 365 nights a year, I'll bet a few more corps could swing a free day in Washington and put on a similar show next summer.

I have to say that was my first time hearing the 2008 corps, and if the visual is on par with the music I'm gonna love this seasons show when I finally get to see it.

Mark Chambers said that Jarrett Lipmam (former DM and current Assistant Director) was integral in putting this together.

If you look at some of the other offerings of the Millenium Stage, and the fact that they put on a live show 365 nights a year, I'll bet a few more corps could swing a free day in Washington and put on a similar show next summer.

I have to say that was my first time hearing the 2008 corps, and if the visual is on par with the music I'm gonna love this seasons show when I finally get to see it.

They really are good this year. Not that they've ever been bad but I dare to say they are BACK in capital letters.