Championship Shows You Didn't Like

'Give me BD's " cut and paste " 94 Finals performance Championship show any day of the week, thank you very much.

Me too and I will pay double the price of admission. '94 BD remains one of my favorite shows of all time.

Honestly, can you explain the appeal to me with this show? I'm not going to disagree, this is one clean clean clean show. And actually, the drill was entertaining too, but musically I have never been able to get through this show in one sitting....ever! I've watched it backwards, forwards, sideways and frontways and downways and slantways and I just cannot figure out why so many people love it. And I'm not trying to be mean....honestly, at this point I feel more like the kid that didn't get the joke. I want to like this show, believe me, but I really feel like I'm missing something here.

I so feel your pain. I’ve expressed the same sentiments in a few threads of the years…I just do not get the 1998 Cadets even though I badly want to see what others (and many whom I know and respect) praise as a brilliant show. You perfectly expressed my feelings... After having heard and read so many accolades for this show, it took me years (for fear of being stigmatized) to even verbalize that I simply don’t get it. I’ve now reached the point where I can say, hello, my name is John and I simply do not see what everyone else sees in this show. However, deep down I still want that light switch to go so I can have that “ah-ha!” moment because I feel I am missing out on all the fun. Reality then sets in and I realize to have such a breakthrough would require me to view the show again and, frankly, it’s like a chore for me to have to watch this show. I just don't get it, but that's okay (isn't it?).

I'm surprised at how many Cavies 06 and Cadets 05's there are out there.

To me...Cavies 06 was the most entertaining of the Cavies shows. And, Cadets 05 was definitely different, and they performed so well! Plus, that ballad was pretty darn cool. All of the opposite choreography with the guard, etc.... too cool.

I honestly have TOO many to even start listing...

07 BD

03 BD

95 Cavies

92 Cavies

These are a few of my VERY least favorites. Now...how many of those shouldn't have won...probably none...they were all championship shows (well, I still have a hard time with Cavies 03 Spin Cycle not winning).

Edited by SNModdison

never really Latched on the band wagon of BD 2007. and evertime I listen to 1987 cadets, I frown a little inside (nobody's perfect...)

1990 - Cadets (Phantom)

1991 - Star (Phantom)

1992 - Cavaliers (Phantom)

1993 - Cadets (Phantom)

1994 - Blue Devils (Phantom)

1995 - Cavaliers (Phantom)

1996 - Blue Devils (Phantom + .5)

1997 - Blue Devils (Phantom)

1998 - Cadets (Phantom)

1999 - Vanguard, Blue Devils (Phantom)

2000 - Cadets, Cavaliers (Phantom)

2001 - Cavaliers (Phantom)

2002 - Cavaliers (Phantom

2003 - Blue Devils (Phantom)

2004 - Cavaliers (Phantom)

2005 - Cadets (Phantom)

2006 - Cavaliers (Phantom)

2007 - Blue Devils (Crown)

2008 - Cavaliers (Cavaliers)

06 Cavies

01 Cavies

00 Cavies

99 SCV

98 Cadets

92 Cavies

For me, it's actually pretty rare that I like the championship show the best out of any of the corps' performances that year. In fact, the only years it's happened is 92 and 04.

I DID NOT like the following championship shows:

99 SCV and BD (didn't like either, nor 3rd place cavies. Cadets were my fav that year in 4th)

02 Cavies

05 Cadets

I'm surprised at how many Cavies 06 and Cadets 05's there are out there.

To me...Cavies 06 was the most entertaining of the Cavies shows. And, Cadets 05 was definitely different, and they performed so well! Plus, that ballad was pretty darn cool. All of the opposite choreography with the guard, etc.... too cool.

I honestly have TOO many to even start listing...

07 Cavies

03 BD

95 Cavies

92 Cavies

These are a few of my VERY least favorites. Now...how many of those shouldn't have won...probably none...they were all championship shows (well, I still have a hard time with Cavies 03 Spin Cycle not winning).

I don't understand how anyone could have 92 Cavies on their "didn't like" list. Then again, the avatar explains it all. :thumbup:

I LOVED how Wayne stuck in the Beethoven's 9th quote at the very end...I didn;t even realize that was part of the 1970 horn book -- the first year -- until I looked it up!

I'm curious. Where did you look this up? Corpsreps.com lists 1971 as the first year, which matches up with my personal experience and memory. I saw BD at one of their first-ever public performances at a guard show at Concord HS early in 1971. The year before was still just the drum and bell corps.

Garry in Vegas

I don't understand how anyone could have 92 Cavies on their "didn't like" list. Then again, the avatar explains it all. :thumbup:

Good one!

I think it's that I liked Star so much that year! Also, I had played Gvorkna Fanfare before in the concert setting, and the watered-down version Cavies did...just didn't do anything for me.