Championship Shows You Didn't Like

Cavies hate much their guys?

I'll have to second 1992 Cavaliers.

Not that the show isn't good . . .Gavorkna Fanfare is a great opener. . . .but the show really doesn't ever lock in for me, even after all these years.

It's performed well, but it seems so disjointed in the way it's put together that I really though that Cadets of Bergen County "To Tame The Perilous Skies" would end up winning.

I couldn't agree more. Although it was nice during the season, because that meant we could watch Cadets' performance at the shows and then go line up for retreat during Cavies show. Worked out nicely.

Edited by Cathie Wiener

01 Cavaliers

06 Cavaliers

Well, let's see now ...

1975 Madison - Hated it, hated it, hated it. Most unmusical show of the modern era. The be-bop section of "The Way We Were" made my flesh crawl.

1977 Blue Devils - Most of the show was fine, but they played "Gonna' Fly Now" from "Rocky" as a closer.

1991 Star - Boring, Over-produced.

1998 Cadets of Wherever - A black mass on the field. All it was missing was the human sacrifice.

Cavies hate much their guys?

BD and the Cavs are taking the brunt of this, that's for sure.

Then again, they do provide the most options to choose from, and it seems the the least-loved Cadets shows generally aren't champions and wouldn't come to mind for this thread.

Then again, they do provide the most options to choose from, and it seems the the least-loved Cadets shows generally aren't champions and wouldn't come to mind for this thread.

Ya, you would expect the recent winners to have the most opinions about them, and this thread supports that. I have to say 07 BD though, like several others. Performed well? Absolutely. I was more interested in Crown and Cavies though, and I usually love BD.

Okay then, how about these:

1978 SCV. Weak brass to be sure. "If You Believe in Yourself?"-- ugh!

1989 SCV. If PR doesn't win in '08, then this show shouldn't have won in '89, because it was all about emotion, passion and GE.

Blue Devils 77 (weak compared to 76)

SCV 78 (loved the unis, drum line and the source music of the opener but 1st place was a gift; those horns almost hurt my ears)

SCV 89 (88 is my choice of their phantom shows)

Cavies 92 (I was cheering this one on like a freak but looking back, it was just a Cavies thing and not the show, meh)

Cadets 93 (yawn)

Cadets 98 (double yawn)

Cadets 2000 (did not like the music, did not like the casual disorder, first part is great though, liked the other championship show much better that year)

Cavies 01 (Cadets and Blue were much better, IMO)

Cavies 02 (I’ll give you visual but I need music in my shows)

Cadets 05 (amazing performance makes it difficult to list this one but the second half of the show, after liquid, was a massive let down)

yeah, I'm picky, hate bagging on some of my favorite corps