Memoribilia

got programs, photos and scrapbooks...trying to find my drum corps button collection...might be with my 60's comic books

Here's the CNE grandstand where we had drum corps shows in the early 70's

1970-cnestadium.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and the newspaper advertisement of the drum corps show in 1970 :)

1970-cne1-a.jpg

To cool! The 5th Dimension, a Drum Corps show,and Military Band Tattoo in one weekend for just $14.00!

Those were the days my friend! :cool:

Have my Regiment gauntlets, field marker and original copy of the drill from 1989

My Regiment staff DCI field pass from 96

Have a 2 valve G baritone

and if you look at my avatar, thats the original metal sign from the side of Regiments first equipment truck.

Believe it or not when they moved to the new corps hall I found it in the dumpster!!!!!

I saved it and brought it home with me.

Don't think they ever missed it.

Hey Mark, I would kill for that sign. I might even give up my headgear for it.

just kidding

Edited by alvinpr89

just kidding

Hey Alvin, How ya been?

Yea, the sign was in the dumpster next to roosevelt after the first or second camp in 90

Couldn't believe they would trash a piece of the corps history like that (and thought it would look cool in my dorm room LOL)

just kidding

Alvin,

If you would like the sign, you are welcome to it.

I wouldn't mind passing it along to someone I know loves the corps as much as you do.

Just have to figure out how you'll get it from Atlanta to where you are LOL

SUTA

Alvin,

If you would like the sign, you are welcome to it.

I wouldn't mind passing it along to someone I know loves the corps as much as you do.

Just have to figure out how you'll get it from Atlanta to where you are LOL

SUTA

Put that sucker in a box and send it UPS, I'll pay the shipping.

Dave

Hmmm...no uniforms or anything. My ex managed to liquidate some of my stuff, including an original VK member jacket. My other member jacket went up in a fire.

Have lots of pictures, T-shirts, mp3 files of every year VK existed, some patches (73 CA VFW and AL State Champions), an ID card, a pass from DCI in 73, a couple of DCI staff passes from SoCal Dream, and some old vinyl I'm going to transfer to mp3 when I get my USB turntable. I want the one that you can patch in other devices (just in case lovely bride reads this!).

My lovely bride has her Regiment jacket, plus one from way back in the 70's that we got from Jim Nevermann, percussion caption in the early 70's. (White cotton with a mask and corps name on the left breast.) There's still a helmet and an 82 Spartacus shield at her parents.

Garry in Vegas

I have my helmet and Plume. used to have gauntlets and a sash but I'm not sure what happened to them. Had a bass head with the whole 1988 corps signatures but I believe that got thrown out sometime a while ago.

Let's see, I have my complete guard uniform from '80-'81, show flags, rifle, Bridgemen hat and rainbow flag, North Star star that they used on their hats, Crossmen drum heads, sticks and music, '81 Madison Scout rifle, '83 Avant Guard flag, various Madison, Crossmen and Cadets flags from the late '80s and early '90s. Top 12 T-shirts from '80-'81 never worn! Many, many Crossmen patches. Crossmen member jacket and an alumni jacket. VFW Championship Champion medal from 1981 as well as my DCI finalist medals and patches. There is more but too much to list.