McKenzie, TN

kind of thought VK would be a bit higher, but how awesome is it for OC to be where they are at :thumbup:

Yamato has also jumped in score since leaving CA.

kind of thought VK would be a bit higher, but how awesome is it for OC to be where they are at :thumbup:

Yamato has also jumped in score since leaving CA.

It's VKs first show in weeks and first show after spending several days on the road with no full day rehearsal before the show. They'll probably make it up.

It's VKs first show in weeks and first show after spending several days on the road with no full day rehearsal before the show. They'll probably make it up.

I sure hope so. I got a text from some of the kids and they seemed a little down. I hope they do better tonight and in Ohio. Love you VK!!!

How can you say Sound is awful this year? This corps has been on the road Since July 21 and has jumped over 16 points in a week and a half. They are currently ranked 11th out of 28 corps. That is awful? Look at the breakdowns....they are currently ranking very high in several of the captions. These kids are giving it everything they have every night and for you to get on here and speak of how awful they are is just a reflection of your character.

For a corps the size of sound (25 horns / 18 guard / 15 battery / 5 pit) to keep up with corps twice their size is a remarkable feat in itself. The kids are having a great time every night having the opportunity to perform in front of appreciative crowds.

At Memphis Sound....it is not about the score....but about the journey and the opportunity to perform each night. The score is irrellevent if a great show is performed. The kids perform for themselves and the crowd that sits before them.

Please don't come on here and talk about how awful they are when you are doing nothing to further the experience of the activity. Sound did not start on their show until Mid June. So how far they have come is amazing. They are working with a small but very dedicated staff who wants to make sure that the experience the kids receive with Mempho will be positive and life changing.

I am very proud and excited for Mempho. With only 6 vets...these kids are accomplishing great things.

VK rehearsed at my high school, and we got to talk with them a lot throughout the day of the performance and in the stands after their performance, and they didn't seem at the top of their game. They were still IMO the most entertaining corps there.

All of my pro-Sound bias aside, I really thought Memphis gave a better performance than Yamato, and from where they started from at the beginning of the season, it's still remarkable that they were only a fraction of a point behind them. Mempho's had a tough year, but they're pulling through it.

Got to McKenzie early the day of the show and watched Sound practicing for about an hour. They were having lots of problems in that rehearsal and I was worried for them going into the show that night. But WOW! The corps that showed up that night was not the same one I watched rehearsing. They really pulled it together that night. I don't know a single one of them, but I was proud of what they did.