Nice Corps to Corps Gestures

Back in 2005, Spartans and Oregon Crusaders were at a show together. We (Spartans) went on right after them, and their colorguard stayed behind to watch our show. After we came off the field, we were laying our equipment down to go circle up with the rest of the corps. I assuming it was their guard captain who approached me, but she was asking me if they could roll up our equipment for us while we were being talked to. I was in my rookie year with Spartans, didn't know what to say, so I grabbed my captain who was just catching up to us and she agreed to it. So as we were being told how the show went, OC's guard stayed behind to roll and separate our equipment. It was something that was greatly appreciated because we could load the truck quicker and spend more time talking with one another.

Another year, I believe 2006, Spirit's food truck had broken down and Spartans provided them with breakfast one morning. In return, at our home show, they gave us peach cobbler. That put me in heaven considering I grew up in Georgia and had recently moved up north.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I always seem to do when this type of thread pops up.... the pics:

The hornline delta:

89pic3.jpg

The drums got into it too:

delta2.jpg

Also, as you may be able to see in the hornline pic, we left our socks on the field too, so when we marched off, the delta was left behind, in our place.

Here's the only Sac story the Kilties will remember: I believe it was touring to Miami in 1970 for VFW Nationals. Sac had added a girl guard to their previous all-male corps.

Sac's busses passed the Kilties, and the Kilties were mooned by the Sac girls.

So the Kilties' busses sped up, and in a nice corps to corps gesture the Kilties dramatically demonstrated what they wear under their Kilts.

It could have been worse. In 1970, I remember we (The Kilties) were housed in a field house with the Cavies, Madison, and the males from the Mercury Thunderbolts. Not pretty at all the next morning.