2009 Tickets?

Has anyone heard anything about tickets for next year? I sure miss camping out during finals week!

MIKE

Come on...someone must know what is going on with tickets for next year!

MIKE

Those who ordered multiple-event tickets (meaning Super 3 packages) in the past should have received an email a week or two ago with the order form for 2009. I received my email on July 22. It's handled exactly the same way as last year, via the mail only, and forms need to be postmarked by August 7. The email stated that this same package (now the Fantastic 5 - just like 2008 tickets) will be made available to the general public at this years Championships event.

It's not clear whether you just needed to by the Fantastic 5 for this year to be eligible or if you needed to show a consistent trend of ordering the multi-event ticket package. I've been ordering the Super3/Fantastic5 as early as it comes available, including standing in line at the event headquarters early in the morning, since 1998. Maybe that got me bonus points?

Thanks we ordered outside of DCI this year, so that explains it.

What is the date of finals next year? 8/8 or 8/15?

What is the date of finals next year? 8/8 or 8/15?

Finals week from indy.org, future schedules:

2009- August 4-8

2010- August 10-14

2011- August 9-13

2012- August 7-11

2013- August 6-10

2014 TBA (believe this is the year DCI isnt contracted with indy)

2015- August 4-8

2016- August 9-13

2017- August 8-12

2018- August 7-11

Finals week from indy.org, future schedules:

2009- August 4-8

That's the earliest I can ever remember finals week being! Hopefully the season starts earlier than it did this year.

The easiest way to remember the schedule is that finals is the second Saturday in August, which would always be August 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, or 14, and work back from there. Years ago it was the third Saturday in August for DCI, but it was moved up to the second Saturday in August a long time ago.. And it was 2005 or thereabouts when finals was in Denver and the six former, still existing champion corps went on to the west coast, and it was the first Saturday in August.

It's not clear whether you just needed to by the Fantastic 5 for this year to be eligible or if you needed to show a consistent trend of ordering the multi-event ticket package. I've been ordering the Super3/Fantastic5 as early as it comes available, including standing in line at the event headquarters early in the morning, since 1998. Maybe that got me bonus points?

FWIW . . . I didn't get the early notice you mentioned although I had ordered Super Three tickets for many years but was disappointed with the Fantastic 5 option and chose not to do that this year. I could be wrong, but I'd guess only this year's Fantastic 5 ticket holders got the early notice since those went through the DCI office and the rest of us went through Ticketmaster or other sources. I was hoping they'd give up on the Fantastic 5 but that's probably another thread entirely :smile: