Who is closest to Troy Alabama?

I was wondering what Senior Corps is closest to Troy Alabama.

Trying to convince my Sis to check out the closest Corps.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering what Senior Corps is closest to Troy Alabama.

Trying to convince my Sis to check out the closest Corps.

Really depends on how you look at it...

Troy to Douglasville is 188 miles and 3:15. (CV)

Troy to Alpharetta is 221 miles and 3:36. (Alliance)

It is all interstate to Alpharetta so time-wise it is about the same because to get to CV you have to exit the interstate in Newnan.

Edited by UWGKKpsi

It is all interstate to Alpharetta so time-wise it is about the same

keep in mind though, that all depends on Atlanta's world famous traffic. a trip to Douglasville wouldn't include that, while a trip to Alpharetta would. Either way, get her to march! I'm sure our friends at Alliance would love to have her, as would we.

Edited by davhen

keep in mind though, that all depends on Atlanta's world famous traffic. a trip to Douglasville wouldn't include that, while a trip to Alpharetta would. Either way, get her to march! I'm sure our friends at Alliance would love to have her, as would we.

I'll keep trying, she's a Sky Ryder from 87, 88, 89 &90 with more Flag experience from the University of Louisville and 4 years color guard instructor experience with local Louisville High Schools. She's reluctant due to taking time away from Family and her Church Color Guard type group. Troy used to have a DCI Show every year that gave her a Drum corps fix but there has been nothing the last couple years.

Since she won't move back to Kansas, I'll keep nudging her in your direction.

Ah, Troy, Alabama...God's Country.

If she marched Sky Ryders in the 80's the she would be a better fit with us (CV) since she is an adult.

LOL!!! Ken, you just kill me.

True that ALLIANCE has a member base younger than CorpsVets (average age of 20), but we do actively accept adults into our program. We don't purposely limit our age group - that's just what we attract.

CV is a great corps too - I spent the first five years of my DCA career there and I can tell you that they are well-organized with eleven years of experience to our meager four. It all comes down to what kind of program she wants to be in. Best suggestion - check them both out throughly and decide what it is you're looking for in a program.

LOL!!! Ken, you just kill me.

Don't get my hopes up!

Just my opinion on where the best fit would be for an adult.

In the Atlanta CorpsVets we have all ages, ranging from 14 to 52. Well over half (48) of our corps is 22 or under (junior corps age). We have a quality spread of high school age, college age and over. So we welcome all ages of members.

And our average age is just under 26. Btw, if it weren't for our few fine over-50 members like John Z. and Vic, we'd have a much lower average. :-)

Also interesting to note that we march many parent-child combinations as well. In 2007 we had 7 parent child combos; this season we have six.

Dave