Who is closest to Troy Alabama?

Yeah, but not really during the weekends.

true, most weekends aren't as bad as rush hour during the week, but lots of times it can be. When they do construction projects, (which seems to be perpetual) on, or inside the perimeter, they often utilize nights/weekends because of the volume of week day traffic . This involves closing an interstate down to a single lane while they repave, or work bridge construction. Over the years, I have often been stuck in bumper to bumper, creepy crawly stuff at 2:00 am on a Sunday.

I remember how odd I thought it was the first time I noticed WSB had started continuing their traffic reports 24/7. Not long after that, I found out why the hard way. I missed the best bachelor party ever, sitting 2 1/2 hours on 285 N near Decatur, on a Friday night starting about midnight. :smile:

Edited by davhen

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BULL CRAP .. coming back thru Atlanta on Sunday evening from Nashville.. stuck in it for about 30 minutes on I-75 from Northside Dr. to I-285... ask Dave H.. I was on the phone with him for most of it !! :smile:

Yea, 'tis true. Sounds like you're STILL p.o.'d. That must have been at the major restructuring that's going on at the downtown, 75/85 connector. It's going to be great when they open that new section, but it's gonna suck for a pretty good while. 30 minutes is actually getting off pretty easy.

BTW, Vic, are you sure you mant to move to ATL? The trick is finding a place near your work, so rush hour isn't a huge deal and you aren't fighting it every single day. also, Southside rush has really picked up in the last few years, but still is NOTHING compared to the northside. :smile:

Atlanta has the worst traffic in the history of the world, but I still loved living there.