Favorite drill move(s) of 08

So because their drill is not innovative...it is not effective or is not a fan favorite? I would agree that Cavaliers drill was innovative in 2000-2002, but I would argue that they have done 'relatively' the same drill since, with one or two new moves put in. I'm sure this will stir the pot....

I never called it ineffective or not a fan favorite. People can like it. That's fine. I particularly don't. Michael Gaines has a distinct style of drill, which causes The Cavaliers' shows to seem similar. However, if one actually watches the show more than a few times, one can tell that his drill is pretty different from year to year. Last year and this year added many new elements to his style, while also incorporating signature drill moves. Gaines writes great geometric moves that look fantastic on the field. His writing won't be everyone's cup of tea. However, The Cavaliers drill is still a step up from the likes of Phantom Regiment. I will say, though, that PR's drill is getting better. I liked the design of their 2006 show. I thought 2007 was a bit of a step back, but this year is better than last. Like I said in my previous post, they move quickly, and they move a lot. Innovative? No. Entertaining to many people? Yes.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, or was the Blue Devils' stick figure man no longer moving his limbs in Allentown?

Why the change, I wonder.

I did like it moving as well

1: The BD stickman animated or not it’s design that tells the program story in

a fun, yet very sophisticated way through equipment placement

and then through form development.,

2: The Cavies Asia influenced motifs, again design that

reflects the music