World Class Quarterfinals Discussion Thread

kind of sad that there are only 20 corps here tonight. Only three will get cut tonight. Seems hardly worth a whole round of competition. But, I know, I know. It's competition and that's exciting.

I long for the days of yore when they would run the whole top 25 Open Class corps and take the top 12 into finals.

One, pure, raw night of drum corps.

Yes, I know, three rounds of competition sells more tickets. But...

Back in my days of yore my corps ran the table Wed and Thur nights (1985) to make finals. They didn't bring the top twelve from the year before in until Friday night. 4 days of competition.

Edited by SaraNYC

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glassmen's girl in a pink dress in the opener and changes into the original purple. Hornline sounds a little rough.

At the end of the ballad they open all the trunks and a mess of balloons are released. Is that new in the show? Haven't seen them since San Antonio.

Glassmen's girl in a pink dress in the opener and changes into the original purple. Hornline sounds a little rough.

At the end of the ballad they open all the trunks and a mess of balloons are released. Is that new in the show? Haven't seen them since San Antonio.

I saw the in Warrentown VA and it was the first time I saw the complete release of balloons...don't know if they did it before that.

They did that in Allentown...

Edited by drepsed

they did it in orlando. in ft walton beach they released one balloon (soloist's). in atlanta she popped it because i guess you're not supposed to 'litter' in the dome, haha.

i really like how that bd blog site continually updates itself. brilliant.

Nice X men but Madison was hot!

Yay, yay, yay!!! :tongue:

what about scouts' guard? they've been the sore thumb of the corps, did they pull it together?

I thought they were great in Buffalo . . . but of course I'm such a homegirl, LOL!