Spirit of Disney

I am not sure if they have this award, but if so, my guess is:

1. Carolina Crown - great show, fun, creative, and very well performed

2. Bluecoats - great show, boxing theme, fun, creative, and very well performed

3. Glassmen - maybe a bit more deserving than the top two, very creative and has that Disney magic to it, but not as well performed (although still very good)

4. Blue Stars - great show on bicycling, very creative, great props and music, but not as well performed as the top 2, although still great.

My understanding of the award was that it didn't have to go to a show that was "cute" or representative of all things Disney. But it did have to go to a show that represented a wholesome, creative, and well performed show that exemplified class and entertainment for ALL fans. This is largely why Phantom may not win it. Their show is really for ADULTS, as great as it is (it is my pick to win), and I think people would have a difficult time voting for it on those merits.

If I was picking, I would probably say Carolina Crown. It's the most seamless of those shows mentioned above, with pretty much no major blemishes, very creative, fun for all, and the show just speaks to everyone in such a positive way...and it may very well be a top 3 show. We shall see.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spirit of Disney award basically goes to the fan favorite. Madison got it in 97 so it doesn't mean killing is out... and it doesn't HAVE to be "cutesy" either, SCV got it in 2004.

It's gonna go to Phantom Regiment.

This should definitely be a poll.

The Boston Crusaders

i like their show......but definitely not.

I think Phantom is going to take it this year. However, many creative and entertaining shows this year!

My guess is Carolina Crown followed by Blue Stars or Bluecoats.

Not sure where Glassmen would fit in since I haven't seen their show.

glassmen or bluecoats, maybe? blue stars? i dont think crown has that 'cutesy' factor that the award semi-requires.

No I was talking about Glassmen. Can't imagine boxing being Disney. I was speaking of Crown and their ponies last year. I think they won it last year.

I am not sure if they have this award, but if so, my guess is:

1. Carolina Crown - great show, fun, creative, and very well performed

2. Bluecoats - great show, boxing theme, fun, creative, and very well performed

3. Glassmen - maybe a bit more deserving than the top two, very creative and has that Disney magic to it, but not as well performed (although still very good)

4. Blue Stars - great show on bicycling, very creative, great props and music, but not as well performed as the top 2, although still great.

My understanding of the award was that it didn't have to go to a show that was "cute" or representative of all things Disney. But it did have to go to a show that represented a wholesome, creative, and well performed show that exemplified class and entertainment for ALL fans. This is largely why Phantom may not win it. Their show is really for ADULTS, as great as it is (it is my pick to win), and I think people would have a difficult time voting for it on those merits.

If I was picking, I would probably say Carolina Crown. It's the most seamless of those shows mentioned above, with pretty much no major blemishes, very creative, fun for all, and the show just speaks to everyone in such a positive way...and it may very well be a top 3 show. We shall see.

Haven't seen Crown yet.