Blue Devils take Quarterfinals!

No storyline, no door, no narration.

This is a bad thing?

haha i'd add no complaints after that... im fine with it but it seems very WGI...

Also, how does BD get a 29.9 vis score when they had people tripping up poles as they tried to march over them?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good point.

I think the "if MY corps didnt win, we got ROBBED" thing is going to be very popular tonight.

I LOVED Phantom , but i think the scores were right and i hope they stay in the order they are.

I LIKE PR better than cavies, but tonight, I think execution was in Cavs favor. Could be alot of change the next two nights!

Bottom line is,

for those of us who saw the Cinecast, we cant really eveluate effectively.

The camera takes you constantly off the focal point, not to mention not being able to evaluate a complete picture.

And we cant use the audience response factor.

Otherwise, lets call up 1992 Velvet Knights and apologize for giving them thier medals late.

Great night tonight! excitement brewing in both classes i think!

Tony

This is not a case of "If MY corps didn't win, we got ROBBED". I felt that Cavaliers should have beaten Blue Devils because they executed their drill better and they just had a better show, imo. Granted, I was in the theater and so I am limited to what the camera shows me, plus it seems like the camera guy missed all of the cool parts in BD's show, but still...their drill looked sloppy to me. It is just my opinion and nothing you say will change that. Cheers! :smile:

No storyline, no door, no narration.

This is a bad thing?

Hey! It sounds like a good show idea!

I'll forward it to hoppy.

haha i'd add no complaints after that... im fine with it but it seems very WGI...

Also, how does BD get a 29.9 vis score when they had people tripping up poles as they tried to march over them?

The same way the Cavs got a perfect guard score in 02 with sails, breaks and near-drops.

Which is to say . . . guess the judge just missed it?

This is not a case of "If MY corps didn't win, we got ROBBED".

No, that is exactly what it is.

Go post somewhere else.

I call BS on tonights judging. How can the devils be scored that high on visual with those sloppy drills and poor marching?? Their guard is incredible but their drill is not demanding compared to the other top 4. I failed to see more than 2 phrases in their book where they marched more than 8 to 5. Anyone can march 180bpm 8 to 5. Phantom plays with more clarity while RUNNING and playing louder with harder licks. Im totally shocked by the scores in all the captions.

Everyone talked up the Devils all year and I was let down by their whole program. It makes zero sense, just like last season but their performance keeps them at the top. There is no humanly possible way that phantom's GE was the same as cavies and devils, sorry not happening! Even the coats should have as much GE as the devils do, at least their program works from beginning to end. The only thing absurdity worthy tonight was the devils score. I love all these guys but judging is just BLEH! Glad Im not a member of Phantom tonight because they deserved 2nd or better by GE alone! Someone got robbed. :smile:

Here's my two cents:

BD - Feet were sloppy as hell! The visual judges were out to lunch tonight. As much as I hate to say it, Cavi's whopped BD in marching, ain't nothing more about it. After the shgow ended tonight, there wasn't even any applause, and half the crowd was wearing BD gear. The crowd was VERY underwhelmed. But then again, what do we know, eh?

Cavaliers - I hated this show at the start of the season, but it's growing on me. IMHO, their visual show is awesome, and they performed the hell out of it tonight. I had them a full point in front of BD.

Regiment - OH MY GOD! Did you see the lady that nearly jumped off the grandstand at the end of the show (behind the drum major after he killed off the original DM). I thought she was going to have a baby and run it out to the 50 yard line to have it sacrificed. What a show, what a performance. Not sure they have the gas to win it all, but they are going to really push BD and Cavi's! My favorite show of the year... maybe the past ten years.

Crown - Welcome to the big-boy table. This year, you pays your dues in the elite catagory, next year you go for the title. Hell of a show, hell of a corps, you've won the hearts of everyone in the drum corps community. Next year is going to be your year, just sorry to say this year is way to top heavy.

The same way the Cavs got a perfect guard score in 02 with sails, breaks and near-drops.

Which is to say . . . guess the judge just missed it?

It didn't matter in 02, Cavis were going to win anyways.

I call BS on tonights judging. How can the devils be scored that high on visual with those sloppy drills and poor marching?? Their guard is incredible but their drill is not demanding compared to the other top 4. I failed to see more than 2 phrases in their book where they marched more than 8 to 5. Anyone can march 180bpm 8 to 5. Phantom plays with more clarity while RUNNING and playing louder with harder licks. Im totally shocked by the scores in all the captions.

Everyone talked up the Devils all year and I was let down by their whole program. It makes zero sense, just like last season but their performance keeps them at the top. There is no humanly possible way that phantom's GE was the same as cavies and devils, sorry not happening! Even the coats should have as much GE as the devils do, at least their program works from beginning to end. The only thing absurdity worthy tonight was the devils score. I love all these guys but judging is just BLEH! Glad Im not a member of Phantom tonight because they deserved 2nd or better by GE alone! Someone got robbed. :smile:

Here's my two cents:

BD - Feet were sloppy as hell! The visual judges were out to lunch tonight. As much as I hate to say it, Cavi's whopped BD in marching, ain't nothing more about it. After the shgow ended tonight, there wasn't even any applause, and half the crowd was wearing BD gear. The crowd was VERY underwhelmed. But then again, what do we know, eh?

Cavaliers - I hated this show at the start of the season, but it's growing on me. IMHO, their visual show is awesome, and they performed the hell out of it tonight. I had them a full point in front of BD.

Regiment - OH MY GOD! Did you see the lady that nearly jumped off the grandstand at the end of the show (behind the drum major after he killed off the original DM). I thought she was going to have a baby and run it out to the 50 yard line to have it sacrificed. What a show, what a performance. Not sure they have the gas to win it all, but they are going to really push BD and Cavi's! My favorite show of the year... maybe the past ten years.

Crown - Welcome to the big-boy table. This year, you pays your dues in the elite category, next year you go for the title. Hell of a show, hell of a corps, you've won the hearts of everyone in the drum corps community. Next year is going to be your year, just sorry to say this year is way to top heavy.

Here's my two cents:

Crown - Welcome to the big-boy table. This year, you pays your dues in the elite catagory, next year you go for the title. Hell of a show, hell of a corps, you've won the hearts of everyone in the drum corps community. Next year is going to be your year, just sorry to say this year is way to top heavy.

Did you see the show live or in theaters?

If in theaters, you can't evaluate it properly, and shouldn't bother.

If you were there live, you got it all wrong.