Blue Devils take Quarterfinals!

Dear God.

Have you ever seen a fat chicks myspace picture that makes her look really skinny?

Perspective is the problem, works the same way for drum corps an video.

Go figure it out.

i love the people who feel the need to verbally assault everyone else over the slightest thing.

you're not the smartest person alive. you're not even reasonably bright. throw your tantrums somewhere else.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

last time i checked, don't the judges train from videos?

Ugh. :smile:

Edited by mohanico

i love the people who feel the need to verbally assault everyone else over the slightest thing.

you're not the smartest person alive. you're not even reasonably bright. throw your tantrums somewhere else.

Oh Kekkles.

I only verbally assault stupid people.

Wow, in reading this thread, i would think that everyone hates the Blue Devils!

I don't think everyone hates BD, I just feel they don't have the top music product or the top visual product but because of where the corps with the top music and visual products other captions are BD gets the overall edge...

for me it's kind of like when Cavies won in 01 yet BD had higher music and visual scores...

Did you see the show live or in theaters?

If in theaters, you can't evaluate it properly, and shouldn't bother.

If you were there live, you got it all wrong.

I think I already mentioned I was in the theater... I saw what I saw, and those are my opinions. There is nothing wrong about an opinion. What you saw live, and what I saw in close up's might have been two different things, but I am positive I saw some pretty sloppy feet on BD's behalf. I've been around this activity for 25 years, and have seen BD do worse. Quarters is a chance to get to see the playing surface for the first time and get the bugs worked out. I don't care how many shows you do all season, it's much different walking into a stadium during champs, seeing the World Championships banner on the back sideline, and stepping off for the first time. You have to get past that initial show before you can fine tune. I expect that all of the corps will have the nerves worked over tomorrow night and take it up a notch.

I'm also pretty sure we won't see the sloppy feet from BD tomorrow night either... but you never know.

One thing for sure I noticed tonight was the very high angle of the stadium really exposed dirty formations. Although, the Scouts big wheel turn was pretty straight.

OHMYGOSH!

The wheel was fantastic, I'll admit that!

I would guess that most of the people in this thread who are complaining about GE scores . . . don't have a firm understanding about how credit is assigned in those captions.

But the spectators' lack of understanding is completely the fault of DCI, which makes it #### near impossible for fans to educate themselves about the judging criteria. You would think that the rules and judging criteria of this COMPETITIVE ACTIVITY would be posted in an easily locatable area of DCI.org. You would be wrong.

says the kid who has made comments such as

"I think it is complete crap that BD lost to that boring show.

Hopefully, the judging will change by next week."

heh....

And Look!

The judges got it right this time!