Blue Devils take Quarterfinals!

I don't think everyone hates BD, I just feel they don't have the top music product or the top visual product but because of where the corps with the top music and visual products other captions are BD gets the overall edge...

for me it's kind of like when Cavies won in 01 yet BD had higher music and visual scores...

I'm just getting more of what they did last year. Not saying anything thematically since I like this show better, but while they're executing in technical superiority, I just don't darn well get their show. Is running around just showing absurdity?

Either way, they did do a good job, but there's no way in hell they did a perfect visual ensemble. No one in history has ever done that and I don't think a 20 should ever be given to any show.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just getting more of what they did last year. Not saying anything thematically since I like this show better, but while they're executing in technical superiority, I just don't darn well get their show. Is running around just showing absurdity?

Either way, they did do a good job, but there's no way in hell they did a perfect visual ensemble. No one in history has ever done that and I don't think a 20 should ever be given to any show.

I get what you mean...

I don't feel absurd from them like I did madness in 2000... it's like when they talked about how cadets narration doesn't match what they are playing... for me BD's show doesn't match the title of their show

Oh Kekkles.

I only verbally assault stupid people.

once again... you're not that smart. you've got to grab your gun before you go to war, you know what i mean?

besides, i think you should really ask yourself... why? why shout ad hominem attacks at people you don't agree with? i used to do that when i was, i don't know, fifteen or so. eventually i matured, grew out of it, and realized that doing crap like that just makes you look like a dick. you're not impressing anybody. nobody is thinking, "man, that mohanico guy sure does look intelligent the way he started snarling at every other poster!" you just seem like an ###.

just... cool it. ever hear the saying "lots of things were accomplished before you were born"? we could all do with out you. not saying "the world would be better off without you" or anything, just saying, if you weren't around, nothing would change. the world as a whole would be the same place. just keep it in perspective, huckleberry.

This thread is going nowhere.

Can we close it please?

Thanks.

This thread is going nowhere.

Can we close it please?

Thanks.

there has actually been a lot of positive discussion going on. just because you don't like how it's going doesn't mean it should be closed.

you always have the option of just ignoring the thread...

for me it's kind of like when Cavies won in 01 yet BD had higher music and visual scores...

Little bit different here. In 2001, BD won Brass, Visual, and Colorguard. Cavies only won GE, yet still won overall. (which was crap btw)

Right now, BD is winning Brass, Visual, Colorguard and is tied for 1st in GE. Having them in 1st overall is completely understandable.

Little bit different here. In 2001, BD won Brass, Visual, and Colorguard. Cavies only won GE, yet still won overall. (which was crap btw)

Right now, BD is winning Brass, Visual, Colorguard and is tied for 1st in GE. Having them in 1st overall is completely understandable.

but there's a difference between just winning the brass caption vs wining the overall music portion, and also they are in 2nd for GE...

BD (if im not mistaken) won overall music and overall visual in 2001

Edited by Phantom&Phitch

Did anyone else see the judge just miss getting slapped during the cavies performance as he strolled right behind the taiko drums? One of the drummers really reached back and missed by a hair nailing the judge right in the head.