Anyone catch Hopkins comments at quarterfinals?Bluecoats mic malfuncti

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Front sideline, just beside the pit? That way you'd get to use the center of the field.

disagree... it would have been harder for the corps to accentuate and highlight the speakers if it had been up there...

thats like saying they should have put the outhouse... oops, i mean door on the 30 on the front sideline...

i like it when people integrate #### on the field as long as they do it well....

example -

PR 93 with the pit

Crown 07 with the fences

poor attempts

PR 07 with the screen on the 40 i think?

I also noticed in his comment that they are coming out next year as the "holy name cadets" and that they are going to "Slow it down a bit." I am praying to God that his comment means that they are going to be playing some Drum and Bugle Corps next year and not an Oprah style show.

Did every theater boo when George came on the screen? They did at the theater I was at.

There was a collective groan when he appeared on the screen. Olathe, KS with about 200 in attendance.

I also noticed in his comment that they are coming out next year as the "holy name cadets" and that they are going to "Slow it down a bit." I am praying to God that his comment means that they are going to be playing some Drum and Bugle Corps next year and not an Oprah style show.

Did every theater boo when George came on the screen? They did at the theater I was at.

Or are they changing their name, again, under another incorporation, again, for a financial fresh start, again?

Edited by Dr Beat

To us it might "just" be drum corps, but to many people, it's their living. And to several companies, drum corps is their marketing. It might not be Wal Mart but it's still business.

You are correct. And that is at the core of what's wrong with all this.

Guest xsabers
If you listen to the commentary by George on the DVDs you'll often find that he is very honest about the show design when it doesn't work. This isn't anything new

Emphasis added cuz it struck me funny.

... where else would you want them?

In the parking lot, cleaning the busses. While the horns were tearing our faces off. :smile:

The Bluecoats show was better tonight than the last time I saw them.The mic I think hurt the show a bit tonight..Bluecoats did a good job this year balancing the narration vs visual.

They didn't have narration. They had sound effects.

They didn't have narration. They had sound effects.

?