Why do drum corps shows have to lack subtlety to be enjoyed by fans?

BD Fan - Who have you marched with in DCI?

That is a secret that will stay a secret until the end of time.

I will say, thought that I marched a few years in a top 12 corps at some point between 1972 and 2008. Why does this matter, just curious?

Edited by BD_Fan

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a secret that will stay a secret until the end of time.

I will say, thought that I marched a few years in a top 12 corps at some point between 1972 and 2008. Why does this matter, just curious?

I am just curious, i saw in another one of your posts that you graduated high school in 2007???

Everyone is a victim of the system, if you can't see that then I'm sorry.

Seriously?

There are many things that we can legitimately argue about the system, and how the populace is being victimized, but this is not one of them. The fact that I like loud drum corps is not the result of brainwashing or commercialization or capitalists.

Oh, funny story. That's not true.

Just trying to figure out your Drum Corps background in general. Especially after that really nasty personal attack against me and the Blue Devils in general that you posted for a second, that either you or DCP removed when I was looking very much to replying to it.

personal attack against me and the Blue Devils in general that you posted for a second, that either you or DCP removed when I was looking very much to replying to it.

It was removed.

Personal attacks are against DCP Guidelines. :thumbup:

That go for PMs as well? If so, I have a nice one to contribute from who ever this person is.

I think to simply call the "loud, big" moments "animalistic" misses the nature of what performance in drum corps is.

Emotional connection with the audience is a tenuous thing: there's very few shows that really hit home with the audience on first impact these days.

Some people want to be grabbed by the lapels and taken into the world the drum corps has created for those musical moments, whatever emotion theyre going for.

Others want to see the show, digest it, ruminate on it, try to find the hidden meaning in it like a piece of abstract art, then decide hours later how they feel about it.

Personally I prefer my drum corps less abstract.