World Class Semifinals Discussion Thread

I don't like absurdity as a concept in a drum corps show....I'm just sitting here thinking "WTF?" the whole show....

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like absurdity as a concept in a drum corps show....I'm just sitting here thinking "WTF?" the whole show....

me too! :satisfied:

Also, Regiment has a couple of 10.00's in subcaptions - with two corps left to go. After all the talk about numbers management last night, you'd think that wouldn't happen again. Unless the judge really thinks they deserve it, I guess.

Which subcaption do they have a 10 in?

Seriously?

You have the waterfall type move. You have the collapsing boxes. You have the fight club scene. Musically, you have the machine part 2 music in their opener. You also have the rolling on the ground. That is just off the top of my head.

And the other top corps have changed their visual style how?

Blue Devils were really good, but I would put Cavaliers ahead of them. I also enjoyed Phantom's show much better. I think Phantom could sneak ahead of BD tonight depending on their visual scores. To me, Blue Devils were not that exciting compared to Cavaliers and Phantom Regiment. Just my opinion.

BD was way off tonight, it was very messy, visually and In the middle I heard blending issues, they should not win tonight because last night they were perfect, I'm going to go and rant if they do. Cavaliers and Phantom, who out of those two should win it? As long as it ain't blue I'm fine, I don't have any issues with BD, just off tonight.

I'm a Cavaliers fan but I agree with those whom are saying it is some of the same drill moves we've already seen before. I can admit it.

so not only does it have to be clean as hell and difficult, but it has to be completely brand new? I'm sorry, but many corps use many idea over and over and maybe just redo them a bit... so why all focus only on them?

In order to win? Heck yeah there better be some major difficulty!