Cavaliers question: regarding 'character' on field

Does anyone know if the Asian character they form on the field means something? All summer during the webcasts my wife asks me, and says that someone on DCP _HAS_ to know what it means (since she knows that all of us here know everything :thumbup: ). I'm wondering if it means anything, or if it's just a cool drill form that looks like it might be a legit character.

Does anyone know if the Asian character they form on the field means something? All summer during the webcasts my wife asks me, and says that someone on DCP _HAS_ to know what it means (since she knows that all of us here know everything :thumbup: ). I'm wondering if it means anything, or if it's just a cool drill form that looks like it might be a legit character.

Paging Eddie....Eddie Escobar to the white courtesy phone please.

Paging Eddie....Eddie Escobar to the white courtesy phone please.

:smile::thumbup:

Didn't the BD blog mention something about it actually being the kanji for "samurai"?

samurai-3.jpg

That's what I thought it was.....it was thye only thing that would make sense.

Still waiting for Eddie ('course, it IS probably still the middle of the night in Japan)

And by the way....since when were there BLACK samaurai?? It was Tyrone-san from South Central Kyoto at one point!! :smile:

I keed I keed!!!!

It is Japanese for samurai. They really cleaned up that form from their first show.

It is Japanese for samurai. They really cleaned up that form from their first show.

Or, if you want to be technical, it's Japanese borrowed from Chinese. As an interesting and rather irrelevant side note, if you take the two radicals (the different parts of the kanji) separately, the one on the left denotes "person" and the right character by itself means (Bhuddist) temple. Samurai=Temple Man

Oh god, not that crap again....

Oh God, not that crap again as in "Yeah, candy-throwing is bush league."

OR

Oh God, not that crap again as in "Another ######### is bringing up candy at retreat for the umpteenth time."