Crown's Guard in 5th?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, that was the biggest travesty from last night. I can see them no lower than 2nd. BD in front of them - maybe - but that's it.

Crown got Torched. Luckily she won't be judging tonight.

The guard was a little off last night. Not a guard person, but you could see individual errors from person to person and shaky catches. Quarterfinals was much better. I don't know about 5th, but BD, Cavies, and Cadets all had a more solid night than Crown.

I also don't understand all the hate towards Debbie. She is a h*ll of a judge and one of the best in the activity. Contact John Phillips if you have such a beef with her.

The guard was a little off last night. Not a guard person, but you could see individual errors from person to person and shaky catches. Quarterfinals was much better. I don't know about 5th, but BD, Cavies, and Cadets all had a more solid night than Crown.

I also don't understand all the hate towards Debbie. She is a h*ll of a judge and one of the best in the activity. Contact John Phillips if you have such a beef with her.

she's already been dismissed from WGI :thumbup:

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Finally someone with some real insight to the question. At this time of the year it is really easy to fall a few places in the rankings if you are slightly "off" even in a small portion of the show. I'm sure Crown will bounce back if they perform like they usually do.

I'm not sure bashing Debbie is the answer...and even if she has been 'dismissed' from WGI its more because she has integrity and calls it like shes sees it, unlike some others in the judging activity.

You must have seen things I didn't, but I am a guard person and I would have had them in 1st. The sheer difficulty of what they are doing coupled with the way they are performing it is tops in my book. The only thing I can say for them is that they are tossing a whole lot! They are missing opportunities for other kinds of effects, but they do it so well that I don't mind.

Another really odd thing is Bluecoats dropping to 12th in guard from 7th in quarters. Colts were 12 in quarterfinals in guard if I remember correctly.

Yes, Crown was off at quarters for sure. Their guard should be ranked 1st or 2nd. Never anything below. I saw quite a few drops on the field that night and some timing issues. But they'll pull it through for finals, I have no doubt about that.