World Class Finals Discussion Thread

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked for video too - no such luck. Hey we are lucky I got scores live and was able to post them in the chatroom, and have gotten some pictures!

Wow, after Phantom's performance it seems like everything in our little drum corps universe shut down. Prophetic?

Congratulations, Phantom Regiment! This solo championship has been a long time coming, and going by all the accounts I was reading (before everything crashed), it was absolutely deserved. Before tonight, very few outside the organization seemed to believe it was possible, but it happened. Third, second and then first. (Is that a first in DCI history?) Can't wait to see the DVDs! :thumbup:

wow! what a night of drum corps!!! I could just tell that phantom had a championship show, and I think tonight they knew it too! congrats to crown for a great show, blue stars for coming out of nowhere into 8th place this year, and scouts for making it back into finals! Now if only the Colts would have made it into the mix tonight, it would have been better! There's always next year!

I know that they are off now, but thank you Kevin and Greg for your commentary....even though SOME of us couldn't get back on here for almost 2 hours after hitting F5.

I can't imagine the feeling of actually witnessing this in person, I saw an early version of the show a month ago after they had practiced all day and was blown away, but to see it on finals night... oh man..

Congrats to Phantom, I loved that show and to see them go from 3rd to first in 3 days was amazing. Of course I had hoped the Cavaliers could have jumped BD, but it didn't happen. Their scores even dropped, kind of shocked. This has to be one of the best season ever. When I saw all the Corps in Atlanta, I loved all the shows!!! What a great way to end this DCI season. :thumbup:

I can't imagine the feeling of actually witnessing this in person, I saw an early version of the show a month ago after they had practiced all day and was blown away, but to see it on finals night... oh man..

I received a phone call from someone who has been around drum corps since dci was founded and he said it was incredible!