World Class Finals Discussion Thread

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back o my hotel after what has to be one of the greatest nights evar!!! Regiment's performance was one of legend. Powerful, emotional, inspiring, and some other big words. The crowd went ape dodo in the last minute+ of the show. The crowd reaction at the scores was absolutely awesome as well. The encore was fabulous. This was by far one of the greatest seasons of all time.

I was just watching a clip of America on [some random video site], and thought I saw the Blue Stars drum major wearing the original blue uniform with cross straps, buckle and helmet for finale. Can anyone confirm? If so, that's a sweet nod to Blue Stars' history. Nice work!

I just got back o my hotel after what has to be one of the greatest nights evar!!! Regiment's performance was one of legend. Powerful, emotional, inspiring, and some other big words. The crowd went ape dodo in the last minute+ of the show. The crowd reaction at the scores was absolutely awesome as well. The encore was fabulous. This was by far one of the greatest seasons of all time.

I got Goosebumps from reading your post. Frak i wish i was there. Thanks PHANTOM for a great show and ride. I seen them live in OR. At least i can say that!!

Edited by leeb

After seeing this on the webcast yesterday, I'd have to say this was Phantom's Best show in their history....and one of the best of the new century...

AWESOME PR!!

I was just watching a clip of America on [some random video site], and thought I saw the Blue Stars drum major wearing the original blue uniform with cross straps, buckle and helmet for finale. Can anyone confirm? If so, that's a sweet nod to Blue Stars' history. Nice work!

I just saw that clip on "the site that shall not be named" and you're correct. Those are the old uniforms. The person carrying the American flag is wearing one of the original guard uniforms. That's definitely a nice gesture! :worthy:

Wow.

Each year in my brief drum corps fan life I've rooted for Phantom, but knew each year that they wouldn't win. Other corps were just too good. This year was the same, until I saw the Allentown vid.

A story, rough and wild and not precise, but so well told!

(I love the Allentown recording, despite some brass fracks and not precise movement, because of the reaction when they first whipped out their now legendary ending. Not all the crowd noticed at first, but by the time the assassin DM whipped out his own baton ... Oooo, wow! Yeah! YEAH!! YEAH!!!)

I thought, for the first time ever: "Woah. Phantom might actually win."

And they did!

Congrats Phantom Regiment, and thank you for making me deliriously happy!!!!

Edited by peter s

I just saw that clip on "the site that shall not be named" and you're correct. Those are the old uniforms. The person carrying the American flag is wearing one of the original guard uniforms. That's definitely a nice gesture! :worthy:

Just makes you feel warm inside. :worthy: