The official "Phantom wins!" topic!

I drove back to St. Paul yesterday, still on a complete high from Regiment's win on Saturday. I have been to Finals twice; in 2006 and this year. I have been waiting for this moment for 20 years. I started watching drum corps in 1988 and have been pulling for PR this whole time. Was very happy for them in 1996, but this one just beats all. It feels like the pain everyone felt in 1989 and 2003 from those unbelievable shows can now be buried in the past.

I remember the goosebumps that engulfed me during the end of the show. My two friends who came with me were completely blown away. They hadn't seen anyone's show this year at all, but both said that PR's show was by far the best they had ever seen. When the scores were announced, with everyone waiting on pins and needles, and the complete silence when Crocker said 98.1, 9-8 point one...........Blue Devils, and then the complete deafening roar that went up. I probably will never witness a more perfect satisfaction in drum corps.

I was so impressed with every corps' performance on Saturday. Everyone should be very happy with how they did. But for me, the night ended perfectly.

Thank you Phantom Regiment for everything!

CONGRATULATIONS!

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to add my congratulations to Phantom Regiment. My son is a Madison Scout, but we were really pulling for PR. Funny thing is that I saw PR's show in Rockford on June 21st, and I didn't like it. PR's show got better and better all summer, and by the end I really liked it. Great show PR. You deserved to win!!