The official "Phantom wins!" topic!

¡uʍop ǝpısdn plɹoʍ ʎɯ uɹnʇ puɐ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɹo ɯnnuıʇuoɔ ǝɯıʇ-ǝɔɐds ǝɥʇ ɟɟo ʍǝɹɥʇ ʇuǝɯıƃǝɹ ɯoʇuɐɥd ¿ɹǝʌo ʞɔɐq plɹoʍ ǝɥʇ dılɟ ǝɯ dlǝɥ ǝuoǝɯos uɐɔ ¿¡ʇɐɥʇ sı ǝɯɐl ʍoɥ ˙pɐǝɹɥʇ ʎɯ pǝsolɔ ǝllǝıuɐp

(TO DANIELLE: All in good fun. :worthy:)

Edited by SCVsopAaron

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fan response up on the site that shall not be named :) looks like someone from bk

just saw it...awesome...

Being in Memorial Stadium last night was an experience I'll not forget and can't put into words.

It was an incredible week of drum corps and the Rockford team's win was a magical icing on the cake.

Simply unreal, and unforgettable!

:worthy:

I actually had 2 hunches that Regiment would win. First, the Marines played the '96 closer during their show (karma rub, anybody?), and second was when I heard that BDB had gotten beat in Open class finals.

It's true! You called it before the show. I guess the Marines were indeed prophetic after all. :worthy:

Congradulations to Phantom. I really did not think they would pull it out, but they are a class organization with my old schoolmate Ricky V (Moreau Catholic!!) helping them out!!!! No corps can pull on the heartstrings like PR. Well done and I am sorry for doubting those kids from Rockford.

Let me add my congratulations. It's been clear to me these last few years that Phantom has captured a unique place in drum corps: the hearts of the fans.

I witnessed the '81 and '82 versions of Spartacus in Montreal, Prelims and Finals. Even have a copy of the libretto from one of those performances floating around somewhere. Those were the harbingers of great things to come. It was worth the wait!

Thank you, Regiment, for those years, this year and all the years in between!

Edited by Achilles

Let me start off by saying that Spartacus 1981 is the show I would have marched in if I had not had to drop out of Regiment during the winter due to very poor freshman grades in college. (After havng assured Marty Hurley that I could fix whatever

"flam problems" he said I had). I have great memories of the December, 1980 camp learning the drill to the opener "Triumphant March Into Rome". How powerful that opening attack sounded indoors when I first heard it.

I have been a Phan since before then, but especially so since 1981 (my personal "what might have been" life choice).

Up until last night, I had only attended finals in 1985, 1987, 1988, 1990, and 1992. Two of those finals (1987, 1992) resulted in Phantom dropping 2 spots from semi-finals to finals. Very hard to sit thru that. 1985 (8th place) was just a down year all season, from what I can remember. 1988 Phantom stayed in 6th, 1990 the only time I attended finals where Phantom actually jumped placements on Finals night. (from 6th to tied for 4th). So my history of attending finals, and having Phantom

do well, was not very robust.

But I had to see this show. I had to see this version of Spartacus. I had to hear that opening "Triumphant March Into Rome"

again.

So I brought all my kids ($500 for 8 mediocre tickets) to Bloomington, hoping for a better outcome that my other Finals attendances. I warned them that if Regiment happened to win, they were going to be quite embarassed being next to me because I was going to go nuts.

So here I sit typing in a hotel on Sunday evening with no voice left. I wrecked it screaming Saturday night right after the words "...Blue Devils"

were spoken by Brandt Crocker at a certain special point in the scores announcements.

And "go nuts" is precisely what I did. My 12 year-old son scooted 10 seats away from his now quite boisterous and embarassing father.

And after moving to the 50 yard line for the encore, the champions encore, the Phantom Regiment 2008 World Champions Encore, I was ready to hear that opening attack to Spartacus again, just like when I was 18 and rehearsing

at some indoor tennis facility in Sterling Illinois.

...and I was not disappointed.

Thanks 2008 Regiment members.

It was a performance, and an evening, I (and my kids) will never forget.

Let me start off by saying that Spartacus 1981 is the show I would have marched in if I had not had to drop out of Regiment during the winter due to very poor freshman grades in college. (After havng assured Marty Hurley that I could fix whatever

"flam problems" he said I had). I have great memories of the December, 1980 camp learning the drill to the opener "Triumphant March Into Rome". How powerful that opening attack sounded indoors when I first heard it.

I have been a Phan since before then, but especially so since 1981 (my personal "what might have been" life choice).

Up until last night, I had only attended finals in 1985, 1987, 1988, 1990, and 1992. Two of those finals (1987, 1992) resulted in Phantom dropping 2 spots from semi-finals to finals. Very hard to sit thru that. 1985 (8th place) was just a down year all season, from what I can remember. 1988 Phantom stayed in 6th, 1990 the only time I attended finals where Phantom actually jumped placements on Finals night. (from 6th to tied for 4th). So my history of attending finals, and having Phantom

do well, was not very robust.

But I had to see this show. I had to see this version of Spartacus. I had to hear that opening "Triumphant March Into Rome"

again.

So I brought all my kids ($500 for 8 mediocre tickets) to Bloomington, hoping for a better outcome that my other Finals attendances. I warned them that if Regiment happened to win, they were going to be quite embarassed being next to me because I was going to go nuts.

So here I sit typing in a hotel on Sunday evening with no voice left. I wrecked it screaming Saturday night right after the words "...Blue Devils"

were spoken by Brandt Crocker at a certain special point in the scores announcements.

And "go nuts" is precisely what I did. My 12 year-old son scooted 10 seats away from his now quite boisterous and embarassing father.

And after moving to the 50 yard line for the encore, the champions encore, the Phantom Regiment 2008 World Champions Encore, I was ready to hear that opening attack to Spartacus again, just like when I was 18 and rehearsing

at some indoor tennis facility in Sterling Illinois.

...and I was not disappointed.

Thanks 2008 Regiment members.

It was a performance, and an evening, I (and my kids) will never forget.

I hear ya man...I have to work tonight and have a conference call to do with a very horse voice. But it is a great reason why my voice is horse.

The crowd reaction, from row 27 on the 50 - deafening, absolutely deafening thunderous roar of love.