The official "Phantom wins!" topic!

Words cannot adequately express, but here goes anyway. Thank you to all the members for giving this production everything you had. The staff, the volunteers, everyone associated with the corps. I've never been more proud of our drum corps from Rockford.

It's funny, when I say "our," I think I mean it differently than the usual meaning of our little phamily. What happened Saturday night belonged to the kids that performed it, certainly, but for a moment there, when we all yelled "I am Spartacus," I'm pretty sure we all became members of Phantom Regiment, in some small way. It was just one of those things that almost never happens--where we as fans are all so completely in the moment that the show becomes larger than the corps, and the event, and even all of us. And I don't know about you, but I wanted the win for them--even though I knew they were happy just performing their best for us. I wouldn't have been disappointed no matter where they came in, but I know they earned this. I don't believe I've ever met a more centered group of members to don the helmet and chevron; they really became the ideal of what the Phantom Regiment is about. Everything I ever believed the corps was supposed to be about, they were and are (and will always be remembered for being).

At least that's how it seemed to me. I hope the feeling of seeing that, and being a part of it, will never, ever leave me.

Edited by festive

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CONGRATULATIONS PHANTOM!!! :worthy:

I saw you guys here in Denver and I had a feeling!

And I was right!!!

I can't say much more right now than SUTA to Dr. Dan Richardson. I know how special Spartacus is to him!

To the entire Phantom Phamily, SUTA!

Let me just add that the PR mellophones where just absolutely incredible, sublime, surreal, and just made me want to find one of those chocolate fondue fountains to bathe in! Never since Star of Indiana in 1991 in that circle during the ballad did I get those feelings.

Speaking of Stars, after semifinals night, I stepped outside where I live in a rural area and the stars are very vibrant at night. A shooting star passed over the horizon, and at that moment, I said to myself, that one is for the Regiment. :worthy:

Edited by stockman365

I'm happy for Phantom. Since Allentown, I've been saying watch out for them, and I was pleasantly surprised last night. Definitely my favorite music program of the 00s, and I'm glad the judges rewarded it. The percussion line pretty obviously made the biggest difference for the corps, and even got a non-percussion type like me into their book.

BIG CONGRATS TO PHANTOM!

Congrats Phantom, it was amazing watching you achieve victory last night. We the fans were screaming so hard after the final murder that you couldn't even hear the corps playing, it was amazing! Congrats!!!!

fan response up on the site that shall not be named :) looks like someone from bk

Edited by ctbonesfan

WOW

I still am excited for the victory. WAY TO GO PHANTOM!

How about all of these classy posts? You are all awesome people :smile:

How does Phantom top this next year?? :worthy: Wait...did this show top 2003? :smile:

Congrats to ALL performing corps. Truly a memorable year. Thank you to all members for your hard work and determination!!!

I actually had 2 hunches that Regiment would win. First, the Marines played the '96 closer during their show (karma rub, anybody?), and second was when I heard that BDB had gotten beat in Open class finals.