Not since Star - 1991

The other thing I noticed is that 2005-2008 is the first 4 year stretch where all the champs were different since 1992. Last time we had a stretch of years where all the champs were different was 1988-1992 (5 years: Madison, SCV, Cadets, Star, Cavies).

I am not going to get into the nuances of the ties. I just think it reinforces the point of the OP that it's good for the activity.

Also, I am surprised to hear so many people were not interested in the DVDs from 2000 on. I love looking at the performance from different angles, and listening to the commentary from the staff. It is pricey when first released, but I usually wait until the price comes down once the more recent year is released. Price on 2007 should be coming down soon, and I can't wait.

Not sure I can wait a full year for 2008, though. I was lucky enough to be in Bloomington, and look forward to seeing those performance again.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I am surprised to hear so many people were not interested in the DVDs from 2000 on. I love looking at the performance from different angles, and listening to the commentary from the staff.

For me, it was a matter of just not loving those shows enough to really want to experience them again and again at all those different levels. If I loved those years as much as I love the '70s, '80s and early '90s, then sure, I'd pay up, but I have to feel the experience is worthwhile enough to be worth the money. Just for me, personally, it wasn't.

For me, it was a matter of just not loving those shows enough to really want to experience them again and again at all those different levels. If I loved those years as much as I love the '70s, '80s and early '90s, then sure, I'd pay up, but I have to feel the experience is worthwhile enough to be worth the money. Just for me, personally, it wasn't.

Same here, 82-96 is basically what I thin k of as the golden age.

end of the tic system (more or less) thru mid 90s.

I will definitely be buying this years DVDs however

Yes, but in those tie years, Phantom and Santa Clara also broke in with a win, too. So we're talking in technicalities here, but I do see the point. This is the first time since Star in '91 that a corps outside of those three has won the title outright.

Sweetie, are you drunk? :) Come on now, try to comprehend when you read :)

Edited by gellio

The other thing I noticed is that 2005-2008 is the first 4 year stretch where all the champs were different since 1992. Last time we had a stretch of years where all the champs were different was 1988-1992 (5 years: Madison, SCV, Cadets, Star, Cavies).

Actually, it's a 6 year stretch of different champs if you include '94 BD. Hmmm, maybe this means Crown wins next year :smile::tongue:

I'm envious of everyone who got to go to Bloomingville.

I'm sure the feeling can't be described.

I saw Regiment and BD's shows in Glendale and Vista, CA. I was floored by both of them but for very different reasons. It was a very good year for World Class and now it looks like we may see 3-4 more World Class corps next year. Here's hoping. Heck, everyone's an optimist in September. We'll see come May 2009 what the numbers look like.

/points to picture in profile

|

|

|

V

jealous much?

Wow, that sucks. I thought there were some VERY entertaining shows from 2000-2007. Sucks that it takes Phantom to win for people to actually buy a DVD, yet people keep talking about how DCI is losing money.

I was thinking that same thing when I saw the scores on the DCI website. The first time since Star (a corps that doesn't even exist anymore, mind you) that The Cavies, Blue Devils, or Cadets haven't won the whole thing. It's unbelievable how these programs can be so good that they completely dominated the activity for over a decade.

Sweetie, are you drunk? :) Come on now, try to comprehend when you read :)

Huh? As far as I know, I was perfectly sober when I typed that, and I thought it made sense. :smile:

Actually, it's a 6 year stretch of different champs if you include '94 BD. Hmmm, maybe this means Crown wins next year :smile::smile:

Cadets won in 1990, and 1993. So 6 different in 7 years - 1988 to 1994.

Edited by Tim Coffey