Should DCI come back to Bloomington?

Should DCI try and come back to Bloomington for a major show in the future after having finals there this week?

Not championships, of course, but maybe move a major show there such as K-zoo or Murfreesboro?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think so. The souvies were set up great and the overall atmosphere was one of my favorites. I love for them to move the Murfreesboro event to B-town!

Why not go back to Bloomington for championships again? It worked out great.

Not if Finals are going to be in Indianapolis every year, no.

Even though Bloomington was great ... No, there is no need for DCI to move a major show to Bloomington.

It's just too close to Indy.

If Murfreesboro or K-zoo had poor attendance -- my response would be different.

Maybe DCI should consider Bloomington during the "off" year -- when Champs are not in Indy?

Considering the NFL Preseason begins on DCI Finals weekend just about every season, it would not surprise me one bit if one of those "9 of the next 10 years" or whatever it is that Finals are supposed to be in Indianapolis that DCI has to move at least one show if not the whole week to another venue other than the new Dome.

It happened this year. Back in 2000, Finals were supposed to be at the Redskins stadium but had to move to U of Maryland; and in 1994, Quarterfinals were moved to Wednesday night b/c the Patriots had a home game Thursday night (if I remember correctly).

So, it could happen. The Colts are the main tenants of the Dome, and if they "need" it for a home preseason game during one of those Finals Weeks, DCI will have to move.

BTW -- I simply LOVED Bloomington in the my three years of drum corps. Always one of my favorites anywhere!!!

Edited by BlueR36

Why not go back to Bloomington for championships again? It worked out great.

Too much to be lost by Indy to allow DCI to break the contract, even though there may be cause due to teh construction delays.

How about moving Open Class to Bloomington?? MI City's around 170 miles from Indy compared to the 55 to Bloomington.

Even though Bloomington was great ... No, there is no need for DCI to move a major show to Bloomington.

It's just too close to Indy.

If Murfreesboro or K-zoo had poor attendance -- my response would be different.

Maybe DCI should consider Bloomington during the "off" year -- when Champs are not in Indy?

Speaking of attendance, anyone know the figures from last night? The Home side stands looked pretty full. Granted people were a little less squished as they were between the 20s. I heard that side of the stadium holds 28,000. Any info?

How about moving Open Class to Bloomington?? MI City's around 170 miles from Indy compared to the 55 to Bloomington.

That could work. And if they want to go for a "small stadium" venue, they could use Armstrong Stadium (aka the soccer/Little 500 stadium) across from the main stadium.