A Dark Nasty line wins high percussion for the second straight year.

LSU GRAD 82

snare sounds now seem drier. may be tuning, may be tweaks in the drums, but the first few years, everything sounded wet which created an inherent layer of fuzz...is it clean or not?

this year, when a line was clean, you could tell

I agree with exactly what he said. This year you could tell almost everything that was going on in the line.

Phantom's drums were not your stock dynasty drums. Tenors were deeper (than what I remember) and the basses had more air vents.

Actually, those are stock drums. PR may have gotten the first batch of them and were the ones who wanted them designed that way but if you were to buy a new Dynasty battery today, that is what you would get.

All of those changes went into Dynasty's production in either May or June.

The bass drums have more air vents and a different bearing edge cut.

The tenors have a long shell cut in the front (the back of the shell is the same length it has always been) and a different bearing edge.

I can't say exactly what snare changes were made but I believe they have a different bearing edge as well along with additional vents above the snare bed that were actually added last year when Paul Rennick began helping Dynasty make some changes to their drums.

I've had my issues with Dynasty design in the past but I love all of these recent changes.