'09 DCI Eastern Classic in Allentown?

What real grass? Did they put real grass in again within the past few months?

last i heard a while ago( years) was grass was back at the Meadowlands. Guess not. tells you how much i like the place, i dont even know what it has now

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have been walking. At every Allentown show, me and my homies arrive early Friday morning and park on private property directly the Hamilton Family Diner. It becomes a huge tailgate area. We've been doing this very same thing since 1995. All the parking in the lots by the HAM FAM are pay to park - always have been.

ahhh Pineville, Mayor Ron Beyer :cool:

we just told our kids where their circuit finals were going to be...Allentown. They went nuts! "wow...that's where East is held!"

since pretty much the whole staff has competed on that field at some point, they love the stories and allentown legend

JB Crum? YUCK! Worst stadium EVER!

The surroundings may be nice, but that doesn't make a good SHOW site. Most unenjoyable shows I've ever been to.

Might hold memories, but worth keeping an event there when there's SO many better places? Don't think so.

Might have great organizers, too, but they could do it somewhere else even better. And I'm not so sure what the criteria is for 'great organizers' but running out of that staple - bottled water - shouldn't happen.

IMHO - update DCI East to a facility at least similar to the other regionals.

Agreed.

Boston would be the last place it should be.

Now Now. DCI east in New England would be great place to have a show.

JB Crum? YUCK! Worst stadium EVER!

The surroundings may be nice, but that doesn't make a good SHOW site. Most unenjoyable shows I've ever been to.

Might hold memories, but worth keeping an event there when there's SO many better places? Don't think so.

Might have great organizers, too, but they could do it somewhere else even better. And I'm not so sure what the criteria is for 'great organizers' but running out of that staple - bottled water - shouldn't happen.

IMHO - update DCI East to a facility at least similar to the other regionals.

Why not let all the other regionals go to those other places and throw the sentimental folks a little bone?

I'm kind of torn, as far as warm-ups it's a fantastic place, I actually spent the entire 1st day this year checking out all the Corps as they arrived, got to hear "space chords" live for the first time and wasn't disappointed to say the least! Other than that, not so much. I should admit that I'm a little biased on the area itself, having lived here for the last couple of years I can honestly say that I can't get out of this town and the wonderful state of Pennsyltucky altogether soon enough.

Back to the stadium, how do they not have the top section fixed?! We're not talking some hi-tech structure here, pretty much just your standard bleachers and I would much rather have sat up there than on the 20 yeard line. Just kind of adds to the general "run-down" feeling in this area, that and I don't think they've paved the roads around the stadium since the before the last time I was here 22 years ago, but maybe I'm being too picky.

Greasy hot dogs and a diner isn't a heck of a draw for the average fan who doesn't tailgate either, it was kind of cool that they mentioned Drum Corps in the Yuckos sign out front I guess, after eating there I wondered 2 things: where was the nearest rest room and how in the world did they become "famous"? I guess it proves that with enough obnoxious advertising and lack of options anyone can lay claim to operating in infamy.

Greasy hot dogs and a diner isn't a heck of a draw for the average fan who doesn't tailgate either, it was kind of cool that they mentioned Drum Corps in the Yuckos sign out front I guess, after eating there I wondered 2 things: where was the nearest rest room and how in the world did they become "famous"? I guess it proves that with enough obnoxious advertising and lack of options anyone can lay claim to operating in infamy.

You dare besmirch the name of Yocco's? Sir, I challenge you to a duel. Pistols at dawn!

So the place has history. Give it a midseason show. As for a big regional, this isn't the place for one. Too small, old, meh. It's a HIGH SCHOOL field being used for a huge DCI show.

I suggest Rutgers. It's not too far away from the current site and the views are great. It's on their campus so their is some greenery for those that like the atmosphere.

Edited by jetman1287