I almost wish that PR...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they hadn't won, PR's drum major would still have been "dead" for the first place announcement.

Does the winning corps know ahead of time (i.e., prior to the public announcement) that it has won the Spirit of Disney award?

No, PR didn't know it had won the Spirit of Disney until it was announced.

Yeah I thought about that too - would have been more dramatic if he hadn't had to come alive until the end.

Your signature is awesome! :tongue:

If they hadn't won, PR's drum major would still have been "dead" for the first place announcement.

Hahahaha! You're right, that would have been very cool. Part of the reason, I'm sure, that Phantom won Spirit of Disney, was their attention to detail in making sure that they took every opportunity to creatively interpret the concept, so whoever picked Phantom for SoD most likely also loved the dead drum major touch.

Does the winning corps know ahead of time (i.e., prior to the public announcement) that it has won the Spirit of Disney award?

No inside knowledge here, but I'm almost sure that all caption awards and Spirit of Disney are a closely guarded secret until their public announcement.

I wondered how they convinced Meghan Huber of The Crossmen to march out with the other drum majors at finale. However they did it, I doubt they did it by telling her she'd won Best Drum Major.

I wondered how they convinced Meghan Huber of The Crossmen to march out with the other drum majors at finale. However they did it, I doubt they did it by telling her she'd won Best Drum Major.

I think they probably told her or at least the director that the Crossmen won an award and she would need to accept it at retreat.

Disney votes on their award, and the captions are judged. Who decides best DM?

I felt Blue Stars were a far better canidate for the Disney Award

That's interesting. I wouldn't say "far better," but I'd definitely put them in contention.

Which brings up a good point - what's the lowest placing corps to win the Disney award? I believe Scouts won it in the six spot a couple times. Is that the lowest?