Phantom Wins

So I hate to be the one to say this, but what the heck is up with EVERYTHING relating to Phantom's win now being copyrighted and protected? Geez, you can't even watch the hornline warming up on youtube anymore....if you ask me it's taking it a bit far. Blue Devils have won what, 300 world titles, and we can pretty much watch eveything you can imagine!

Congrats and all, but loosen up, I understand it has been a while for a trophy but WOW!

Summary:

Trophy DOESN'T = copyrighting everything down to someone yelling "I love Ph___sorry that's now copyrighted___"

..and I'm off!

Your thoughts?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...Those videos were always owned by the corps and controlled by copyright?

EDIT: Now that the corps won, the demand for a product will, naturally, increase. Phantom also has parking lot footage which could be released in a Championship-related product. If the average fan (not the Phan who will buy no matter what) can get similar footage for free, the value of their product has been diminished.

Edited by DrillmanSop06

Phantom is not the only ones who monitor Youtube. There is soon to be a DVD released of this year's parking lot warm ups (featuring- Phantom,BD,and SCV). I would also keep an eye out on Fnet. More stuff is being added every day (even in the off season).

..then why is it we can watch canon 1,000+ time and every warmup we could imagine with J.D. every year EXCEPT this year??

Fishy....again, I'm saying it's crazy that simple stuff is being "protected" now, I can understand shutting down show leaks, but the horline? Battery? Guard stretching...lol.

Come on.

...I guess when you go as long as they have WITHOUT a trophy, some odd reactions can be expected.

Thanks to those who don't "lock down" when they win!

Blue Devils, should have been another Saturday night for you...get 'em next season!

(and I'm sure I'll get to watch anything I want of that night.....)

;o)

Phantom's got a responsibility to help enforce the license of the material they play and a right to protect their performance of it.

You've ###### and moaned, you've talked trash, but you've yet to state why it doesn't make perfect business sense for them do what they're doing.

It is their right and many other corps have been much more vigilant in the past but I still have to question DCI and all of it’s corps. Why would you take down bad quality free publicity for all of the high school kids that you say is one of your major targets? They are either going to buy the high quality DVDs or not but it will not be based on how many times they watch YouTube.

And, I (the longtime fan that is not in your target market) am going to buy all the expensive DVDs and watch as many YouTube videos as I can find.

Edited by OICMR corps

Phantom's got a responsibility to help enforce the license of the material they play and a right to protect their performance of it.

You've ###### and moaned, you've talked trash, but you've yet to state why it doesn't make perfect business sense for them do what they're doing.

Probably because the possibility of getting sued out of existence by the source music owner hasn't quite sunk in to those who ##### about it....no matter how many times or how clearly you explain it.

Edited by 84BDsop

Phantom is not the only ones who monitor Youtube. There is soon to be a DVD released of this year's parking lot warm ups (featuring- Phantom,BD,and SCV). I would also keep an eye out on Fnet. More stuff is being added every day (even in the off season).

:smile: Parking lot DVD?

I will buy that EVERY SINGLE YEAR for the rest of my life, holy crap DCI needs to do this! I know drummers usually have stuff available to them as far as the lot goes but I'd love to see a finals DVD of all the corps hornline warm ups in the lot. Vis warm ups too! I love watching Cadets' vis warm up.