Auditions 2009

For those of us who arent current on junior corps lingo, WHO IS INT?!?!?! I have never heard of a drum corps referred to as INT before and Im sorry if im the only person on here who doesnt understand what that means, but i've seen others asking the same question with no answer, so it seems like it might be some kid of inside joke.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd LOVE to do a DCI corps next year.....any suggestions??

I play mellophone, 3yrs of DCA & I'm from upstate NY.

For those of us who arent current on junior corps lingo, WHO IS INT?!?!?! I have never heard of a drum corps referred to as INT before and Im sorry if im the only person on here who doesnt understand what that means, but i've seen others asking the same question with no answer, so it seems like it might be some kid of inside joke.

INT was first seen listed in a corps lineup on DCI.org I believe. It was right in between all the other corps, and it seemed to have been given a lot more time than the other corps to perform. Apparently INT is always slotted right in the middle of every show they are at and always takes up more time than everyone else.

Most people find INT pretty boring on the field and so they use that time to go get a hot dog and talk with their friends. Even in the stands people are really rude to INT and they talk all the way through their show. INT plays so soft they are impossible to hear, and they are stealthy. You can't see them! I think they got that idea from Madison's jackets this year, but maybe Madison got their jacket idea from INT!

If you need someone to give you the non-joke answer now, just PM me. I'll be happy to give it to you straight. :thumbup:

So this is your third attempt at Cavies, and your rookout, which means when you didn't make Cavies the last two tries you sat at home all summer? Marching Cavies would be awesome, but don't forgo the drum corps experience all together if you happen to not make Cavies. There is an excellent chance that if you had marched elsewhere the first year after being cut you may have had the opportunity to age out with Cavies in '09 as a second year vet.

Well, it's a bit more complicated than that... the first time I was cut at the first camp then was told I needed to get a job... last year I made the first cut but my grades took a spring plunge and I had to take classes this summer to boost my GPA (so everyone beware, learn from my misfortune). My grades are good, the money's there, and I'm all set. :thumbup:

I've been wanting to audition at BAC for quite some time...this year i actually plan on auditioning there, as well as trying to get out to a PR Audition. Im not cutting myself from PR but im a realist so im just kinda taking the audition at PR as a learning experience, and hopefully taking BAC audition as my actual possibility.

First off I have to learn something that I can use in a drum corps. (Music Ed Major...concentration on Oboe, Sax in Marching Band). To me this sounds like a no brainer ! Yes the Glassmen do have a high level of talent and supposedly

we will be having a good return ratio this winter in brass but this is no reason not to try out , you have absolutly nothing

to lose and everything to gain if you make the line . Never ever and I mean ever say you can't do somthing unless you

tried first . Come on your right here in BG , first camp is most likely on Thanksgiving weekend although I'm not really

positive since the winter itineary hasn't been posted yet . P.M. me and we'll talk about it Smitty

My lips seem to be built more for low brass...but I'm such a tiny weak person that it probably wouldn't work out. I'm taking a "High Brass" methods class this semester, so hopefully that will help me out. I know almost nothing about percussion, and basically nothing about spinning. Unfortunately the only thing I am confident at being very good at is conducting, and most corps do not allow first year members as Drum Majors.

Right now I'm stuck between Capital Regiment, Glassmen, and Madison Scouts as choices. Capital Regiment would be the most possible choice because they might be Open Class next sesaon(?), but they are on the opposite side of my college(BGSU, near Toledo). Glassmen are very close to my college, but they are much more likely not to need a newbie like me because of how high up in talent level they are in comparison. And of course my dream corps Madison Scouts; farther away, and probably less likely to need me...but my goal for the next 3 years is to march with them.

Then of course...is the $$$ problem...

I age out in 2011(I think), so I don't have a lot of time...but the important thing is I'm trying.

You have nothing to lose

Glassmen will be holding their first camp probably on Thanksgiving weekend , PM me !

Edited by rudi man

I'd LOVE to do a DCI corps next year.....any suggestions??

I play mellophone, 3yrs of DCA & I'm from upstate NY.

Well, of course I'm going to suggest Troopers. :smile:

Stable finances

Fantastic administrative leadership

Talented, highly-qualified, well-renown design and consulting team

LOTS of returning talent for 2009

History, tradition, excellence, but all with a new sound and look

Active alumni

Just a few reasons I mention my home corps. First audition camps are Dec. 6-7!