Congratulations to the Blue Devil organization for TWO Silver Medals

I wish Dan Potter (in his wrap up of the season) would have made light of the fact that the Blue Devils achievement this year was unprecedented in DCI history! By an unimaginable combined total of .075 they missed taking the Championship in BOTH World and Open class in the same year. This speaks volumes to the quality and talent of this important DCI organization/family. The Blue Devils A Corp couldn't really hear "their" congratulations on the field due to the well discussed "moment" for PR in Bloomington. But suffice to say, that thousands of fans across the nation (who could be in Bloomington) were on their feet for them!

As Dan spoke about the "drama-audience" connection that PR provided as a future for DCI performances, BD's innovations and performance this year will serve DCI in many of the same ways in the future. I, for one wish to congratulate the Blue Devils on an amazing season, both for their individual World and Open Class corps and as a leader in the DCI organization.

13 is just around the corner!

Congratulations to Blue Devils. The difference between first and second in this activity is so small - you should carry yourselves like the champions you are.

Who knows, A corps - perhaps Phantom scoring higher will work out better for you: instead of hating 'the corps who stole Phantom's title,' people may listen and watch, and appreciate what you did.

But in any case, be proud.

See you next year.

Edited by mfrontz

I've always been impressed with the scope and depth of the BD organization. Congratulations to all who marched with both of these fine corps!

As a spectator, I very much enjoyed BD's A corps show. I was not sure what to expect when the show concept was announced, but the first time I saw the show I knew I was going to enjoy seeing it multiple times on the field and on DVD. I can't wait to get that chance later this fall! (This year's quarterfinals APD is already frequently played on my iPod. :drool: )

The BD organization certainly set the mark this year. Both the A and B corps looked unstoppable in their quest. They should be very proud of what both corps accomplished.

Yes - Congrats - great show and all but please go back to your roots and give us some Jazz music again!

True Dat!