How many DCI titles would Star have if they were still around?

First off i am a huge BD, SCV, PR fan. But even after all these years i still can't help but wonder what DCI would be like , and how many titles Star would have if they was still here. IMO its kinda interesting that from 90-93 BD, SCV, and PR never beat Star (Beating them on finals night). Cavies beat them twice 90 and 92. and Cadets beat them in 90, 92 and the controversial 93 year. Also let me add BD and the others didn't start winning again till Star left in 93. Since Star's departure, BD and Cavies both have 6 titles to their credit, Cadets have 3, PR has 2, and SCV has one.

So how many titles do you guys think Star would have by now? And do you think they would have continued to revolutionize DCI? IMO not counting their 91 title, i think they would have 6 to their credit. What do all of you think??

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, I think they would still be pushing the envelope. No telling how many titles though. The "others" would have been coming after them big time. I do think it is an interesting topic though. Even as atheletic and esoteric as DC has become, it may even be more so had Star stuck around.

edit for typing error

Edited by Perry S

Star threw in the towel years ago and abandoned Drum Corps, so it really doesn't matter.

Anyway, I think they would still be pushing the envelope. No telling how many titles though. The "others" would have been coming after them big time. I do think it is an interesting topic though. Even as atheletic and esoteric as DC has become, it may even be more so had Star stuck around.

edit for typing error

And i should learn english lol??? But i do agree with you though.

And i should learn english lol??? But i do agree with you though.

I was defending you! Look at my post before this one. I gave the Thumbs down to Kekkles. LOL No good deed huh?

I was defending you! Look at my post before this one. I gave the Thumbs down to Kekkles. LOL No good deed huh?

Nah that was my bad. Good looking out!!!!!!

First off i am a huge BD, SCV, PR fan. But even after all these years i still can't help but wonder what DCI would be like , and how many titles Star would have if they was still here. IMO its kinda interesting that from 90-93 BD, SCV, and PR never beat Star (Beating them on finals night). Cavies beat them twice 90 and 92. and Cadets beat them in 90, 92 and the controversial 93 year. Also let me add BD and the others didn't start winning again till Star left in 93. Since Star's departure, BD and Cavies both have 6 titles to their credit, Cadets have 3, PR has 2, and SCV has one.

So how many titles do you guys think Star would have by now? And do you think they would have continued to revolutionize DCI? IMO not counting their 91 title, i think they would have 6 to their credit. What do all of you think??

Speculating about how many is kinda silly...but fun. I'll take the bait and say I think they would have won 3 or 4. Having Star around would have been nothing but positive. With the exception '08, the same three corps have won or shared the title every year since 1991. (not that it was any more diverse before '91). Each of these corps has a distinct personality and Star's was just as distinct. Having a 4th player up at the top would be great. I hope for all of our sakes that PR stays up there, that Crown and Bloo continue to get better and that SCV finds their old top gear also. It would be great if you could reasonably think that 7 or 8 groups had a decent chance at winning even as August approaches. Sure, this year was tighter than ever going into August, but there were still only 3 or 4 teams that anyone legitimately thought had a shot. SCV and Bloo were a step or two back and the Hopkins lynch mob was clearly in the vocal majority by that time.

I think this year's top 7 was as good as it has ever been. Add Star to the mix and it would only be that much better. The only thing I would ask for beyond that is for someone to take the Bridgemen/VK role again.

I don't know how many titles, but BD wouldn't have won in 94, and I'm not sure they would have picked back up after that either. That would have affected drum corps drastically.

Why is this? Two words....

Todd Ryan