The best part of DCA Championships

From the Northeast, Midwest, South, Southwest, Far West and Canada, 12 class A corps are coming to Rochester to find out who's the best.

And the neatest part of this conversation:

(1) regardless of their scores to date;

(2) regardless of regional success;

(3) regardless of reputation;

(4) regardless of the internet chatter;

there are still unknowns in drum and bugle corps!!

Absolutely no one can predict the outcome of the Class A preliminary competition!

Imagine the intensity in preparation and performance levels of corps that are in this heated competition, never having hit the same field during the summer, never having been adjudicated side-by-side.

There are no less than 8 corps vying for the four Finalist slots and any one of them could place 1st through 8th.

If I am a marching member, the reward from preparation, the anticipation, the enthusiasm in performance and the ultimate prize (a spot in the night show) makes this DCA thing pretty darn relevant. I bet warm ups for all these corps are a pretty intense brew on Saturday afternoon.

And the customers are going to get their money's worth. Prelims is going to be pretty cool. It's going to be a dyed in the wool CONTEST!

Ya gotta love it!

Maybe DCA should hold the scores from the Top 4 finishers and just announce the corps' advancing to Finals. Keep the anticipation for the audience, marching members and staffs.

Are you listening Gil Silva? Fran?

Tom, this one might work!!

Edited by wishbonecav

that's been tried... don't work

oh and there's only 12 Class A corps and 12 open class

I need a fact checker.

And a calculator.

And a hug.

I am going to contend that the BEST part of the weekend will be the Friday night mini corps show...or maybe the Alumni Spectacular...or maybe prelims, or finals. It looks like a pretty good weekend all said and done.

Donny

Maybe DCA should hold the scores from the Top 4 finishers and just announce the corps' advancing to Finals. Keep the anticipation for the audience, marching members and staffs.

Are you listening Gil Silva? Fran?

LOL..... I'm just the messenger. Any decisions like that are made at a much higher pay grade. :tongue:

Joey, I don't agree with holding scores.... doesn't work very well. (See "DCI 1988")

But I completely agree with you on the Class A competition at prelims. It is going to be a lot of fun, watching those corps fight it out for the four finalist spots.

Folks, if you're coming to prelims... come early and see the Class A-declared corps. All of them bring something good to the table. It is going to be a great show!

Fran

Things will really start to heat up I am sure. I am not one that would want to choose the top 4 that is for sure. As, you say none of these corps except a few have been up against each other all year. THINGS ARE REALLY GOING TO BE INTERESTING. The top 4 could be anybody

Doug Smith

Last year was the first time I had the opportunity to watch the Class A participants, It was very cool. This year alot of the groups appear to have kicked it up a notch, should be intense.