Why do you post on Drum Corps Planet?

Interesting topic to post.

Well, I have been involved in corps since 1981. Before that I played baseball, hockey and lacrosse and never really heard of drum corps before. My mother saw an recruiting advertisment in the news paper from St. Andrews in Cambridge Ontario. We had just moved to Brantford from Hamilton. My mom asked if I wanted to try it, so I said sure. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Well long story short. I never played organized a sport again. Drum corps was my life. I marched St. Andrew's, and had a cup of tea with Kavaliers and Dutchboy and taught St. John's for a few years. After instructing I was out of the loop raising a family. Honestly, I had never been on DCP until about 1 1/2 months ago. I still followed drum corps , don't get me wrong. Just not a nut like I use to be. blah blah blah

Soooo, my reason for coming on DCP is to get caught right back up and back into the loop. Also, St. John's is well underway in resurfacing as an all ages corps for 2009 and I was asked to be the staff/program coordinator (and march). So DCP is an excellent source for information, ideas, recruiting and some "healthy debate".

That's really about it. Nothing exciting, Just thought I's share.

THE BURGUNDY AND BLACK IS BACK 2009

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting topic to post.

Well, I have been involved in corps since 1981. Before that I played baseball, hockey and lacrosse and never really heard of drum corps before. My mother saw an recruiting advertisment in the news paper from St. Andrews in Cambridge Ontario. We had just moved to Brantford from Hamilton. My mom asked if I wanted to try it, so I said sure. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Well long story short. I never played organized a sport again. Drum corps was my life. I marched St. Andrew's, and had a cup of tea with Kavaliers and Dutchboy and taught St. John's for a few years. After instructing I was out of the loop raising a family. Honestly, I had never been on DCP until about 1 1/2 months ago. I still followed drum corps , don't get me wrong. Just not a nut like I use to be. blah blah blah

Soooo, my reason for coming on DCP is to get caught right back up and back into the loop. Also, St. John's is well underway in resurfacing as an all ages corps for 2009 and I was asked to be the staff/program coordinator (and march). So DCP is an excellent source for information, ideas, recruiting and some "healthy debate".

That's really about it. Nothing exciting, Just thought I's share.

THE BURGUNDY AND BLACK IS BACK 2009

hmmmmm. I see that I am a veteran now. I guess I like DCP more than I thought. :thumbup:

Simple - I love the activity (even though I never marched corps - see my profile for details) and this is the best place on the planet to talk drum corps, and just life in general, with a great group of folks that share the passion about the activity.

Note - I do spend most of my time in the off-topic forums - over 28K posts total - so I tend to "shy away" from topics and/or posters that are confrontational in nature - my viewpoint on that is that life is far, FAR too short and sweet to complicate it with unnecessary drama. So, I "just say no" to all that.

All in all, a great online place to hang out - The Club (our little "bar" over in OT) beckons even as I type this. Peace.

Great thread and terrific responses;

I post because I noted way too may people have serious mis conceptions about judging and what is involved. Someone has to offer at least some insights into the details of what it takes to judge at the DCI level. Also, as I have been around, like almost forever, I can often add some historical insights of "behind the scenes" to some discussions.

And besides all that its a lot of fun.

I read DCP because it's like an ear to the ground. Always interesting to hear the rumblings of fans--even if it isn't always representative of the entire fan base. Sometimes it's very representative.

I have no idea why I post. Maybe I think I have something to say and think someone else might enjoy reading it. Kind of like how I enjoy reading what all of you post. Most of the time, anyway.

i like to post because as my grandma has told me, im a little "#### disturber".

and its also nice to be able to ask questions that other fans and former and current members can answer