Worst stadiums ever

sheffield PA

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drums along the Waterfront--Buffalo, NY.

We had to play in that baseball park which is right in downtown Buffalo. (Not to be mistaken with Rich Stadium). There was of course a pitchers mound and dirt which made things interesting. Seating was not that great either, nothing really high.

Plus side was that the rehearsal site was one of the best ever.

I think you're referring to the Dixon Petunia Festival. I marched there in my first year of corps- and yes, it was a pretty bland stadium.

The worst stadiums I can recall marching at were Ottawa IL (no show anymore) and the Citrus Bowl in Orlando.

Westboro speedway (Mass) very bad

The old, original Ames Field in Michigan City. The bathrooms were flooded before the shows began. There were only ten rows, but they wrapped around to the side as it was a baseball stadium.

The best stadium? The new Ames Field in Michigan City. Same location but facing the other direction.

Agree. Michigan City's new stadium is a wonderful small stadium and great venue all around. the old one. EEEEEEWWWWW!

But there are worse. Oh, so much worse. I'll have to think about this one...

The worst stadium was I think at the Illinois State Fair. The show was done on a Horse Track I think. There was no grass and te field only went to the back hash. Can someone else confirm

The old Comiskey Park - Chicago

Milwaukee County Stadium

Wimot Wisconsin Fair

The Sewerville, TN show... :smile:

The worst stadium was I think at the Illinois State Fair. The show was done on a Horse Track I think. There was no grass and te field only went to the back hash. Can someone else confirm

Roger that. It was indeed a show on a horse track. In 85 we scaled our show down for the day and went and stood for inspection (at which time the 124-year-old T&P judge saw the pitheads and said "Where are their hats?") and the pit had to set up on the podium twenty feet above the track. My brother was in the crowd and he yelled down to me "This is a show on Mars, man!" It was wacky, to say the least. I still don't know how Spirit of Atlanta managed to A)pass inspection with all the mullets they had, and B)condense their show enough to win. Dinner break was fun, at least, walking around the fairgrounds.