Worst stadiums ever

The worst stadium was I think at the Illinois State Fair. The show was done on a Horse Track I think. There was no grass and te field only went to the back hash. Can someone else confirm

YESSS!!!! Great show though. They paid pretty good and the crowd was very receptive. The line--up was really diverse. A few corps, couple of show bands and maybe something like some baton twirlers.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone remember what stadium was used in/around Boston in the late 90's. It had a Burger King right by it, and it was not in the best neighborhood if I remember correctly?

Streator, IL

The grass was so high, it didn't matter if you were marching or plodding - no one could see your feet!

UW Whitewater... (the mosquito Capital of the World)

Thats like calling the Vatican the worst church ever.

Sevierville, TN is by far the worst stadium i've marched on. The toughest? J. Berney Crum.

Anyone remember what stadium was used in/around Boston in the late 90's. It had a Burger King right by it, and it was not in the best neighborhood if I remember correctly?

Need more details, but it sounds like you're referring to Manning Bowl in Lynn, MA. No parking, uncomfortable seats, horrible bathrooms and some of the greatest drum corps shows ever took place there. Knowlegable and appreciative audiences every time!

The stadium has been gone about three years now. The baseball stadium next door has expanded and is really nice.

I never really found that the pitching mound added much to the marching experience. The show in Pittsfield, MA was held in their baseball stadium, I don't know why. There was also a mound at Mile High Stadium, back in the day.

Oh, and I am guessing that those calling the Rose Bowl the worst stadium ever never got to march at the Orange Bowl.

I remember back in '91 my rookie year notciing that too at Mile High. Back then I dont believe Denver had a Pro Baseball team, I could be wrong?

Racine Wisconsin I think. School is in older part of town maybe? There was barbed wire around the stadium. We were warming up close to the stadium, staff would not let us go too far away, and we heard gun shots. I do not remember how the turf was, but the crowd was great-beer show.

Racine Wisconsin I think. School is in older part of town maybe? There was barbed wire around the stadium. We were warming up close to the stadium, staff would not let us go too far away, and we heard gun shots. I do not remember how the turf was, but the crowd was great-beer show.

You nailed it....that's Horlick Field (really), aka "Drums along the Foundries" for the heavy industry across the street. Used to be you could hear the forging presses pounding in the background during performances. Concrete wall all the way around, topped with barbed wire. Not exactly the best part of town...

Actually, not a bad venue otherwise -- no track, beer concessions, good drum corps crowds, and a ton of drum corps history.

How about the West Palm Beach Polo club. The field got so bad that they made it a standstill exhibition. We still had people losing their shoes just marching to concert formation. The stands were a million miles away.