DCPI Award Nominations

We are now accepting nominations for the following awards-if it is a show concept-please get a copy of that show sent to us as well for the ballot. Nominations will be open through Monday Sept 1st.

Hall of Fame

Man/Director of The Year

New Director of the Year

Corps of the Year

DCPI Spirit Award

Show of the Year

Should nominations be in PMs or in the thread?

Edited by hostrauser

PM sent

Should nominations be in PMs or in the thread?

PM please--I am also going to get a list of the Hall of Fame so people know who is currently in it since there have been a few questions on that.

Your current Hall of Fame:

Hall of Fame

Steve Burstall - Founder, Executive Director (Seasons 1-6), Director of Oakland Skylarks, and Detriot Lamplighters. Inducted 2005.

Jeff Hinton - Executive Director (Seasons 8-Current), Director of Tennessee Nipples, Sons of Thunder, and Cincinnati Glory. Inducted 2005.

Matt Briddell - DCP-I I World Champion, Director of Kosmos and Kadence. Inducted 2005.

Matt Smith - DCP-I perennial finalist, Director of Tri-Color and Emerald Regime. Inducted 2006.

Shannon Jeffreys - DCP-I IV and V World Champion, Director of Mystré and Menagerie. Inducted 2006.

Bill Price - Founding Member, DCP-I II Division 2 World Champion. Director of Velour Knights, VK Too, and VK³. Inducted 2007.

John Donovan - Owner of DCP. Instrumental in setting up new and improved DCP-I web site. Inducted 2007.

Gary Currier - Director of The Knights, Les Blanc Chevalier and Cape Cod Regiment, Creator and Editor of the DCP-I Times. CLASS President. Inducted 2007.

Mitch (StarOrg) - Director of Star of Jupiter, and StarOrg. DCP-I VI Div 1 Champion. Inducted 2007.

Edited by gcurrier

I am PM mine.

One award I need help with... Show of the Year. We need a better central location to post the corps and their reps (ala like corpsreps does). We should have one page atleast where you can find the corps names and their programs. Would be a nice piece that we are missing. I would be willing to help track down this info. This is of course in addition to each director posting his show announcements which we should keep doing. It just hard to go back and find this info.

Edited by StarOrg

I am PM mine.

One award I need help with... Show of the Year. We need a better central location to post the corps and their reps (ala like corpsreps does). We should have one page atleast where you can find the corps names and their programs. Would be a nice piece that we are missing. I would be willing to help track down this info. This is of course in addition to each director posting his show announcements which we should keep doing. It just hard to go back and find this info.

I agree that's a good idea for next season. Don't know if we want to try to make it a page on the DCPI main site, or elsewhere. It could even be something as simple as <corps name> - <show title, link to url for more detail>, classified by division. Like...

Division I

Glory of Polaris - Dichotomy: Good vs. Evil

Division II

Glory of Eden - Paradise Found

Compiling the data for Season X would take too long to be feasible, I think.

Edited by hostrauser

I agree that this would be great and honestly very helpful to me for one! Both for times articles and for awards--last season I needed to ask all nominees to give me their show again so that I could post it with the official ballot.

Well.. you can already kind of do that now. Just use the Member Corps pages on the DCP-I site. But it is up to each director to make those...

Well.. you can already kind of do that now. Just use the Member Corps pages on the DCP-I site. But it is up to each director to make those...

Right I thought of that after I posted but still I think like what was said here if we had a thread for the top section marked and could put all the corps, show, link...there in one spot would be great for next season.