worst food ever

When I was in Suncoast Sound in 93, we were fed by Magic one day since we were staying at the same place. They did this " thing " where they would take ALL of the leftovers and put it together in a " soup/clump/? " . We had ground beef, green peas ( not too many though ), stale doritos, raisins, some other un- memorable stuff, a slice of bread ( all mixed up ) and a twinkie. So imagine you're a rooky ( I was ) and in you group since the first camp you are fed well, " normal " meals like breakfast foods for breakfast, sandwichs and and veggies for lunch and a normal dinner. We were taught to be respectful and always thank the corps moms so.... Imagine my face when that lady threw this stuff on my plate!?... .

I have to get some of my old Magic friends on here to spread the gospel ( haha)

Sorry Magic but I always heard your food was a little on the "shady" side.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Magic but I always heard your food was a little on the "shady" side.

Here's a sure sign that your corps is in trouble: Magic of Orlando feeds you because they have more than you do.

1971 Lynwood Diplomats had received $3000 donation of food from a local grocery market so that the kids can eat well on tour to Houston for the Nationals. As like many other stories, the catering truck broke down on tour somewhere in Yuma Arizona and all the food was spoiled. So the kids were stuck with M&M's and peanut butter till they got to Texas.

That was a fun tour!

Loved the heat.... and the hurricane!

Seriously, you can't plese evryone in a diverse group, so one man's meat is another man's moider, right? There were things I personally hated, like ham patties, or taco salad, but that didn't make them inedible. And we always had PB&J handy for the hard-to-please.

i'm so sorry to hear that the food didn't get any better from '82-83. were the cruz's still cooking? love the folks, hated the food!

jan

Here's a sure sign that your corps is in trouble: Magic of Orlando feeds you because they have more than you do.

Na we were fed pretty good all summer. It was just one of those drum corps courtesy things. And a case of we are from the same area, Our corps came from your corps, were open class you're div iii things.

We never went hungry or had " weird " food.

I remember when I was in Spirit in 95 and 96 getting food for friends in Magic.

'05 was a good year. During our stay at an Oregon school, our first Director was in charge of cooking. He was quite a chef:

Side-wash Steak (aka half a hamburger bun with gravy over it. That was it)

Ramen Surprise (A spoon of Ramen noodles with a bag of frozen vegetables mixed in)

Sandwiches (with one slice of deli meat)

Our Visual Tech took us into the grove of nut trees behind the school, and the following conversation took place:

"So, how do you like the food?"

"Um, it's good..."

"Seriously..."

"No, we're starving!"

"Ok, though so. We'll fix that tonight."

We got to go to Wal-Mart that night. Everyone was over at McDonald's stuffing their faces. It was awesome.

Honorable mention goes to last year ('07). We were in California, when one of the parents got a good deal on corn from a local farmer. Turned out the corn was actually maize (aka hard corn meant for animal feed). The rest of the meal was fine.

Our pudding surprises. Basically, they would gather all of the leftover cereal, puddings (chocolate & vanilla) and other food scraps and mix it together into one concoction. I'm sure it tasted good...but I could never get past how much it resembled lost lunch.