Congrats!

Geez.... we go out to dinner for a few hours, and all this drum corps stuff happens. :tongue:

Seriously..... congratulations to the prelims winners..... Alliance in Class A and the Buccaneers in Open Class.

And hats off to the DCP crew for their hard work...... great play-by-play. And excellent video... that was a great idea!

And of course, major props to the DCA crew. Wish we could be there, but stuff happens. Way too much stuff for the past year, IMO... but that's life. Gotta make dinner plans for Sunday now. :worthy:

Fran

Geez.... we go out to dinner for a few hours, and all this drum corps stuff happens. :tongue:

Seriously..... congratulations to the prelims winners..... Alliance in Class A and the Buccaneers in Open Class.

And hats off to the DCP crew for their hard work...... great play-by-play. And excellent video... that was a great idea!

And of course, major props to the DCA crew. Wish we could be there, but stuff happens. Way too much stuff for the past year, IMO... but that's life. Gotta make dinner plans for Sunday now. :worthy:

Fran

Fran, does this mean you'll be staying home with Barbara all weekend? Is she okay??!?

Fran and Barbara,

You are both missed dearly... I want that special promise that you'll both be back next year...

man am I tired... your shoes are just too big to properly fill...

Barbara, take it easy and recover well from this minor setback...

Tom "Got your back" Peashey

Fran,

You and Barbara were missed this weekend by all - but we also know that was the right thing to do. The entire crew 'in the box' wishes Barbara a speedy recovery from this hurdle and continued growth along her way back to recovery. You'll both remain in our prayers.

-john and the DCP crew

P.S. And to think that I left a new Hawaiian shirt at home - just so there'd be no competition for you. :tongue:

Fran, does this mean you'll be staying home with Barbara all weekend? Is she okay??!?

She's fine, Terri... thank you for asking!

She's taking a very strong antibiotic to combat an infection... and it's kind of a catch-22 situation. The infection is resistant to other antibiotics, so without it she risks having the infection spread to her bloodstream...... that's not good, and could possibly be very serious.

But..... the antibiotic itself can cause all sorts of side effects. She's experienced a few of them already....including insomnia (and another more serious one... I'll spare you all the details!). Thus, we are home in Baltimore. Our two cats are loving this... extra attention for them all weekend!!! :smile:

So.... we'll be on DCP later, getting the Finals play-by-play!

Fran

She's fine, Terri... thank you for asking!

She's taking a very strong antibiotic to combat an infection... and it's kind of a catch-22 situation. The infection is resistant to other antibiotics, so without it she risks having the infection spread to her bloodstream...... that's not good, and could possibly be very serious.

But..... the antibiotic itself can cause all sorts of side effects. She's experienced a few of them already....including insomnia (and another more serious one... I'll spare you all the details!). Thus, we are home in Baltimore. Our two cats are loving this... extra attention for them all weekend!!! :tongue:

So.... we'll be on DCP later, getting the Finals play-by-play!

Fran

:thumbup:

Good morning sir!

I thought something was up when I didn't hear your voice on Saturday..I'm sure everyone will agree Tom did a masterful job..Especially with the results on Sunday night..

You can imagine what most of us were going through after they announced the 5th place score, which most of us thought would lock up the #3 spot...Moving up to #2 was beyond anything we could've dreamed of! Needless to say, most of us are still not touching the ground..even after the plane ride home.

As a result..I didn't get a chance to go up and thank Tom personally, even after Minicorps.

Please give Barb our best and prayers for a speedy recovery. Keep us posted of course.

Pat

You can imagine what most of us were going through after they announced the 5th place score, which most of us thought would lock up the #3 spot...Moving up to #2 was beyond anything we could've dreamed of! Needless to say, most of us are still not touching the ground..even after the plane ride home.

Please give Barb our best and prayers for a speedy recovery. Keep us posted of course.

Pat, I'll pass your regards on to Barbara.... thanks so much.

And a big tip of the hat to Minnesota Brass. Great job, guys!!!!!!

Fran

Pat

you just did thank me... and besides it's I who should be thanking the Minnesota crew... GREAT weekend for you guys.

Tom

Best of luck to both Barb and Fran. When we didn't hear Frans voice Saturday, thought /hoped I misread the original plans. Then when Toms voice came over the PA Sunday, both of us cringed wondered what could have happened. When I (finally) met Tom Sunday night I couldn't bring myself to ask for many reasons. Not least of all was digging into a personal matter and breaking Toms stride in doing a great job yet again.

Fran 'n Barb,

Y'all sure were missed. I took 1 Hawaiian shirt but did not plan to wear it to Paetec. I wore it for Finals in a tribute to y'all.

You of all people know how it goes for me there. Tom had me launching blimps and digging out of jams. Heck, it was easy. I didn't march this year; didn't even play in a minicorps.

Get yourselves back. You were missed.

Ace Holleran also had a family emergency right as he was leaving the house which meant that DCW did not have our best writer for Finals.