Surf - Teal, we are still waitng.

:smile: Anyword on when either of these TWO great groups may go World Class. ?

(or at least a time frame when such a decision might be made.) :worthy:

:smile: Anyword on when either of these TWO great groups may go World Class. ?

(or at least a time frame when such a decision might be made.) :worthy:

When I spoke with the guy running the souvenir stand for Surf at Bloomington, he said the are going World Class next year. Can't say about Teal.

When I spoke with the guy running the souvenir stand for Surf at Bloomington, he said the are going World Class next year. Can't say about Teal.

I talked to that guy at the show in Michigan City. He said the Surf would be moving up to World once they were given the final approvals from DCI in September. I guess we'll know soon one way or the other.

I think DCI performs the evaluation over the winter, but I thought we would not know the results until the spring. I am certainly not an expert, but I thought this was the timeline for the process.

Spartans '87

The Foundation Year

Just wondering, does placement have to do with whether either one of these corps gets the okay? Like, do you have to win Open in order to go World?

I think DCI performs the evaluation over the winter, but I thought we would not know the results until the spring. I am certainly not an expert, but I thought this was the timeline for the process.

I remember reading here (and elsewhere) that Surf and Spartans applied LAST year and did their evaluations LAST winter, so they could seek membership for 2009. I can't seem to find the thread.

Just wondering, does placement have to do with whether either one of these corps gets the okay? Like, do you have to win Open in order to go World?

You don't have to win to make the jump, ie Blue Stars in 05. I think that you just have to convince DCI that you have the operational capacity to sustain a touring, World Class organization.

As it was explained to me, moving to World Class is almost more about the organizational and financial readiness of the corps, not necessarily about them having won their class. I am sure that being a medalist or overall championship is certainly desirable, but DCI also takes a strong look at the "underbelly" of the organization.