New Additions to DCA?

Kansan

Additions to DCA  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who will graduate from exhibition?

• Masquerade
    • High Country Brass
    • Prairie Sound
    • En Garde
    • Sounds of Philidelphia
    • Austin Stars
    • Derby City Knights
  2. 2. Who will make it to Rochester?

• Sun Devils
    • Derby City Knights
    • Austin Stars
    • Cincinnati Tradition

And even thought I don't agree with the 35 rule without a provision for corps that fall into the gap, I never complained about DCI's30 minimum rule for us out west....complained about the recruiting restrictions, yes....the required numbers, no.

And keep in mind I once fielded a corps with 8 brass, 4 battery, 4 guard, and 1 DM...back when there was no minimum.

(One of these days I have to dig out and digitize my video of Nightfire's last performance...it may be the ONLY recording of any type of the corps in show)

At least you have a recording, dude. Most the LA Conquistadors have is people with vague memories of a very small group in white uniforms.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you have some Nightfire pics up on the web? I remember seeing them.

Yeah....on my old personal site....now that you mention it...I think I'll upload them to the old corps photos thread later tonight.

*EDIT* Pics posted....enjoy!

MoonHill....were you guy based out of Ventura in 98-2000?? I didn't even know you existed until now!

Edited by 84BDsop

I don't like the 35 member rule as it stands right now because it does not provide an opportunity for corps with between 22 and 34 members. However I do understand and appreciate why the rule is there. I just think it could be BETTER. Thus, the reason for drafting up an idea for change.

By the way, I remember hearing of Nigthfire but I don;t think I ever saw them. Where do you have the pics posted up at Sam?

At least you have a recording, dude. Most the LA Conquistadors have is people with vague memories of a very small group in white uniforms.

Yeah, same thing for Southern Nights out of Va. Beach, VA. We have a pic over at CorpsReps, but I think that's it.

MoonHill....were you guy based out of Ventura in 98-2000?? I didn't even know you existed until now!

Yep, that was us.

wait for it.....western PA......all-age class A.....news coming any day now.......any time now.......I can't stand, is it the Milton Keystoners? Allegheny Monarchs? Iron City Cadets? Our Lady of Rolling Rock? no......hmmmm.....