You talk toooo much !

Nobody is marginalizing you are your thoughts or opinions. I personally like my "entertainment time" to be just that entertainment. A break from all that is going on politically, and such. Call it escapism. That's fine with me. I just want to pay for good Drum Corps not good Political Agenda Corps. To be fair though I must say I haven't really seen anything really that political in a corps show. And here's hoping it stays that way. :tongue:

I marched in a corps that nearly got kicked out of VFW Nats in 1970 for forming a Peace Sign...and who titled our 1972 show "No More War", complete with a placemat sized photo handout with a decidedly anti-war spin to the photos...The Cadets.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torn.

I don't want to be preached to, that's for sure. But I don't want to stop a corps or any performing art group for that matter from making their art. Everyone here knows I don't care for amps or narration, but I don't necessarily want it to stop. I just hope those things will play out and ultimately prove themselves ineffective. My opinion.

I guess if a corps comes on that I don't care for that year, whether it be their "political message" or their murderous ways or their insane clown approach or their their funny looking uniforms, I could always just go to the souvie booths or the washroom or even for a 13 minute or so walk. :tongue:

I personally dont like shows with a message, and I really dont like it when someone tries to 'teach' me something in a show "ahem....george". I personally dont think it works, and I think a drum corps show is one of the worst venues to do such a thing. That said, if a corps wants to do it...go right ahead. I wont tell you to stop, and I wont even complain about it. I certainly wont be a dick and whine and complain about it while the show is going, thus interupting others who may enjoy it. Those kinds of people need to be thrown out of the stadium...preferably from an upper level :tongue:

I marched in a corps that nearly got kicked out of VFW Nats in 1970 for forming a Peace Sign...and who titled our 1972 show "No More War", complete with a placemat sized photo handout with a decidedly anti-war spin to the photos...The Cadets.

I heard from an inside source that it was because they knew of your future "anything goes" position on instrumentation, etc. That's the real reason they nearly kicked you guys out.

I heard from an inside source that it was because they knew of your future "anything goes" position on instrumentation, etc. That's the real reason they nearly kicked you guys out.

So in this one statement we've got more proof that this thread really ISN'T about corps making political statements in their shows. It's just more of the same anti-amps, anti-voice, and (thanks for being so ridiculously transparent about it) a chance to get in a few cheap shots at the Cadets. Don't bother dragging out the "immature" and "illogical" cards to hurl at others in the future. Save them for yourself.

So in this one statement we've got more proof that this thread really ISN'T about corps making political statements in their shows. It's just more of the same anti-amps, anti-voice, and (thanks for being so ridiculously transparent about it) a chance to get in a few cheap shots at the Cadets. Don't bother dragging out the "immature" and "illogical" cards to hurl at others in the future. Save them for yourself.

Usually a bad idea to turn a joke post into a talking point for a serious argument, even if you think there was some actual motive there. The fact is, politcal statements and 'teaching a message' has often gone hand in hand with talking. Its not that hard really.

Wow - three times in one thread, you've proven your amazing ability to completely miss the point. This time, I was funnin' with MikeD and you completely missed it. Well done. So, for those keeping score, it's now "immature", "illogical" and "goofy."

Thanks for not responding. :tongue:

Err...sorry, im usually siding with cadet-fan types...but you're the one that blew things all out of proportion...

ugh....is it june 2009 yet :thumbup: