Prelim recaps?

Dr Beat

I know a little about all the stress and confusion that surrounds shows like this, before, during, and AFTER.

If I were to guess, the hard-working Glen Johnson is the individual responsible for posting the recaps. I'm thinking he rushed the Finals recaps up, missed posting the Prelims, got bombarded with 20 other things later, even the next morning, and suddenly finds himself in a car this afternoon, on the turnpike, with no ability to do anything about the oversight.

I'm not a conspiracy kind of guy.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a little about all the stress and confusion that surrounds shows like this, before, during, and AFTER.

If I were to guess, the hard-working Glen Johnson is the individual responsible for posting the recaps. I'm thinking he rushed the Finals recaps up, missed posting the Prelims, got bombarded with 20 other things later, even the next morning, and suddenly finds himself in a car this afternoon, on the turnpike, with no ability to do anything about the oversight.

:tongue:

Then DCA should be big enough to have more than ONE person responsible for posting those recaps. I'm "maybe" not a conspiracy fan either, "maybe", but those recaps should be posted. It's ridiculous

Just my humble opinion. Who the ---k am I ??????

I find it hard to believe that no one on the DCA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS team took note of the fact that those scores were not posted. These are the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS.

After a long, tiresome and expensive year since the fall of 2007, every competing Open Class and Class-A corps came to Rochester to compete in that WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS Preliminary show.

Enough.

I'm now waiting for those recaps along with a GOOD explanation of why they were not posted sooner, or at least a reason why everyone was not advised of the need for a delay of the posting.

It is not the releasing of the prelims recaps that is being held up.........it is the posting...... I'm sure, as Tom Peashey said earlier, the prelim recaps were released. I'm sure all the corps have them. I concur with Fred that Glen will post them when he is able to. Fred is "not a conspiracy kind of guy." .............. and neither is Glen. We can well wait for this courtesy that we've come to expect without question.

While waiting, if you want something to think about............ on July 12, the same Jeff Namian who had the Cabs behind the Bucs 99-89 in composition last night, had them behind the Bucs only by 87-84 at the Grand Prix. I guess the Bucs' "near perfect" show grows on you over time (+12) more so than the Cabs' (+5).

Joe Cabsfan

Finals are over, what are the recaps from prelims gonna prove, that the judging was different. That's already known, it was a different judging panel. Nothing is going to change what happened, move on towards 2009.

People, People, People. I tend to agree with the above senerio. Everyone needs to take a breath and chill out. The

Re-Cap scores will be up soon enough, they're not going to change. I understand the couriosity but be patient the man (Glen) has had a very busy weekend and is likely on his way home. We were all very lucky to have the show scores as quickly as we did and it was very much appreciated by this fan but the Re-caps will be the same as they were on Saturday. I'm courios as well. :tongue:

Finals are over, what are the recaps from prelims gonna prove, that the judging was different. That's already known, it was a different judging panel. Nothing is going to change what happened, move on towards 2009.

EGAD.....The voice of REASON.....you have NO PLACE HERE.....Be-Gone with you I say....Be-Gone.... :tongue:

:tongue:

Then DCA should be big enough to have more than ONE person responsible for posting those recaps. I'm "maybe" not a conspiracy fan either, "maybe", but those recaps should be posted. It's ridiculous

Just my humble opinion. Who the ---k am I ??????

You are obviously not the person volunteering your time to help so that it can be "more than ONE person."

What a great thing you all are doing here...complaining about a recap rather than offering a constructive or appreciative comment or two regarding DCA Rochester.

To wit: Individuals/Ensemble and Mini-Corps.

This includes the coordination of: 100's of competitors, ballroom reservations, performance areas, practice areas, security, sound systems, video systems, parking and logistics, award ceremonies, trophies and ribbons, announcers, videographers, judges, timekeepers, printers and volunteer coordination so YOU as the patron can have the best time possible...for FREE.

Do I need to go further with the productions for Saturday, Sunday Morning and Sunday Night?

But my whole weekend was ruined because I don't get to *itch about the recaps on DCP? Are you kidding me?

Did the panel pick the winner correctly? Without a doubt.

Does vilifying a judge or two for a subcaption score that decided the difference between 4th and 5th help the cause in any meaningful way? No. So STOP IT.

And stop criticizing DCA for "not posting the recap". If that's their choice, take it up with them. Have the jam to look someone in the eye and talk to them directly the way you insinuate here.

I am so tired of this kiddie crap. Disappointment is part of LIFE. And it usually leads to better things. How we react to disappointment tells THE WORLD what we are all about. What do you want to be? Their advocate? The members of the Cabs are OVER IT ALREADY. So are the STATESMEN.

Who really got hosed? MCL might have an argument, but EVERY ONE OF THE MEMBERS I SPOKE TO dealt with their disappointment with class and grace.

Kingston missed by 0.1. Same deal...class, style and congratulations for their competitors.

EGAD.....The voice of REASON.....you have NO PLACE HERE.....Be-Gone with you I say....Be-Gone.... :tongue:

Too Funny :thumbup: No wonder you got the Coveted Labbat's Award 2005...come play with grennies for a year will yah!!! You and I would have a blast lol lol!!! Well actually I am out to pasture but would love to have a few with someone with your sense of humour!!! Cheers!! :thumbup:

Deep breath and "thanks" to Frank and Ontario for showing up.

I just get so pi**ed!!!!!! :tongue: