I'm wondering why the decision was made to change the DCA logo in the first place. I'm not trying to be overly critical, but I don't particularly care for it. The good 'ol globe just seemed to have a unique identity that was clearly DCA. The new logo is just so... plain. Doesn't really make a bold statement, if that makes any sense. But hey, that's why I'm just one voice in the peanut gallery.

not only is it plain and lacking the dynamic BOLD statement that make me think of DCA, but IMHO, it's rather feminine.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was time for a new logo. There have been a few different logos that have been passed around and discused over the last few years. suggestions made, design tweaks, then sent to marketing types , and reteweaked. And yes, when unveiled at the luncheon for directors/sponsors and the like, it was VERY well received... But it was time. Just like DCI felt it was time to upgrade themselves. This new logo will work better with the public/publicity and sponsors than the old logo. I think it has a more dynamic image ..Jumps right out at cha....It does have a little likeness to the DCI logo, but, thats ok too... The old logo will still be around. Just when needed.

AND I admit, the new logo looks GREAT on our new blue staff shirts Red bought :)

n46700100_32380176_4486.jpg

thanks to Jason Kennedy from CV for the picture

After reading the explanation of the old logo being too "busy," I can understand that from a printer's point of view. But this new logo is just so... sterile. I think that's the best way I can describe it. Also, I get the idea of the flag coming off of the 'd', but why is it facing the wrong way?

I think I saw this Saturday during prelims. My first response is "Pepsi." Which is bad, because I won't by Pepsi products, or eat in PepsiCo fast-food joints. That's the risk in all change, that the new "thingy" will provoke a negative response in some people who would have responded positively or neutrally to the old "thingy." I'm sure that the "marketing geniuses" that DCA consulted with had numbers to concretize this phenomenon.

Robert

thanks guys... that's it

remember what I said about the experts... they know what works and this is their recommendation...

You can also see the new logo in my video in this post.

After reading the explanation of the old logo being too "busy," I can understand that from a printer's point of view. But this new logo is just so... sterile. I think that's the best way I can describe it. Also, I get the idea of the flag coming off of the 'd', but why is it facing the wrong way?

The "d" reminds me more of a musical note than a flag.

I like the new logo.

Fran

Fran

I believe that is where the designer was coming from...