Caballeros Open House 2009 Season

I actually got to hear Malaguena from the Latin Express on my phone last night (I called during their performance! D'oh!). Hope everyone who went to the Brooklyn United show stopped by our table.

Come on out to Giants Stadium next Saturday and meet me at the recruitment table!

Coming down to the last few weeks before our Open House...Time flys.... yet seems to stand still waiting for the first rehearsal... We are looking forward to having a full corps for the 2009 season.. If you haven't been able to fill out our membership form yet.. Take the time now and go to www.cabs.org and click on the membership link...The form is there... Let us know you are coming so we can be prepared for you....jsu a short time remains.. See you there....

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 Days.....

Just 40 days left....with all the news of new all age corps coming out it makes for added excitement for the new season...more corps in shows are always good...See you all on the 30th of November should be great..

Mike, I should be bringing a couple of my students. I've had about five or six of them tell me they checked out the site and want to know more. I've been telling them to sign up and come to Open House. Plus some of my educator colleagues down here are thinking about marching one more time, and guess where?

I can't wait to see what Cabs put on the field in 2009! There's no place quite like the house that Cos built! Hope to see a lot of new and familiar faces at Open House!

Mike, I should be bringing a couple of my students. I've had about five or six of them tell me they checked out the site and want to know more. I've been telling them to sign up and come to Open House. Plus some of my educator colleagues down here are thinking about marching one more time, and guess where?

I can't wait to see what Cabs put on the field in 2009! There's no place quite like the house that Cos built! Hope to see a lot of new and familiar faces at Open House!

Hey Mike... That's great news that a few of your students and colleagues are coming....We have had a good response to all our recruiting activities...The Open house should be well attended...

In James J Costello Jr Hall at American legion Post # 199...In Hawthorne NJ..

I love saying that...Mr Costello was such a major part of my life...

Anyway... glad you and your friends are going to be there Mike....2009 will make Cos smile...

Cos’s Hall has had some great drum corps memories,

I don’t see you mentioning when we were called into Cos’s office.

Good times, well at least after the meetings.

Hey what is this... Secrets of the old guys LOL

Just 39 days left before you get to be a part of The Cabs... See you there...

So, I was looking around, and found a web page with memorial statements about Cos right from when he passed. I saw stories I'd never even heard of, and it made me even more upset that I never got to meet the legend. I saw a testament by Brian Grilk about when he came to the corps, and how Cos treated him from day one, and other Caballero alumni I have come to know over the years, like John Devlin, George Lea, Brian Sapienza, all telling stories about him. It's unbelievable how large of an impact one man had on so many people. I am in awe thinking about it now. His willingness to help everyone in every way, even his opponents in DCA, will likely remain unrivaled for years.

And my non-Cabs friends wonder why I love Hawthorne so much...

So, I was looking around, and found a web page with memorial statements about Cos right from when he passed. I saw stories I'd never even heard of, and it made me even more upset that I never got to meet the legend. I saw a testament by Brian Grilk about when he came to the corps, and how Cos treated him from day one, and other Caballero alumni I have come to know over the years, like John Devlin, George Lea, Brian Sapienza, all telling stories about him. It's unbelievable how large of an impact one man had on so many people. I am in awe thinking about it now. His willingness to help everyone in every way, even his opponents in DCA, will likely remain unrivaled for years.

It is one of the many reasons I'm still there ....

He was the dad to so many of us dads..... it's where we learned to treat people...

See you all on the 30th

As Mike said, he in so many ways was a surrogate father to us all! I'm sad that most if not the entire corps as of late has never met him. But I am pleased that his legacy is still here for everyone to experience. The best example of what Cos has done for us was this year at the Alumni Spectacular! Words don't even come close to the emotions we felt that day!